IGNORED

A new 27 inch monitor that is available and works 100%!

12 hours ago, MrMartian said:

Does anyone have anything that generates other syncs between 15.75 and 31khz? Like a MiSTer with the scaler turned off and then test some of the medium res arcade cores?

Thanks!

Good question. I unfortunately no longer have a MiSTer but I am sure someone can chime in. I do however have a MiST coming in a few weeks so I can certainly test some arcade cores there that generate other syncs when I get it....as I plan on setting it up on this monitor anyway.

On 1/7/2022 at 3:27 PM, Philsan said:

Dell SE2422H and 2222 are from the same series, just smaller, perhaps they will work too.

High resolution is ok but in low and med resolutions some pixels are lost and there's noise.

100.thumb.jpg.871382892dbe274d5112ad1c3cfe942d.jpg

I get the same kind of thing with my Dell 2001FP something another.

I just ordered the SE2422.  The Dell specs for the 27 and 24 both show the same frequency range and AMI FreeSync data.  Hoping it works.  Will post when I get it next week if someone else hasn't already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I received the Dell SE2422H today.  It doesn't work in color, only in mono, and the image is shifted and stretched up off the right top corner.

Boo...  FWIW, the monitor also does not have a height adjustment.  Just throwing that out there.  The image in mono isn't as good as with my older 4:3 Dell 2001FP.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, Ripdubski said:

I received the Dell SE2422H today.  It doesn't work in color, only in mono, and the image is shifted and stretched up off the right top corner.

Boo...  FWIW, the monitor also does not have a height adjustment.  Just throwing that out there.  The image in mono isn't as good as with my older 4:3 Dell 2001FP.

Bummer!  Is there anything to distinguish it in the specs from the 27 inch model?  Maybe there's signs to watch out for.

Maybe the engineer at Dell (or wherever this display was sourced) is a retro computer enthusiast and secretly engineered support into it :)

That would certainly make for a cool story. But, I think it is just a fluke that was never meant to happen. Really glad I discovered it though!

• Like 1

So I was thinking of grabbing one to compare with the Samsung Syncmaster TV that I've been using lately. No snow today so I decided to take the 1hr+ drive to Microcenter today to pick one up. Apparently it wasn't my day. I checked the website last Wed/Thursday & it showed 25+ in stock. They were sold out. Apparently some guy came in and grabbed all the available units. Supposedly for his business. Mighty strange coincidence don't you think? MicroSquad guy helping me took my info & is supposedly gonna let me know if and when they'll be receiving more. At least I had a coupon for a free SSD & grabbed a few other things for some Xbox projects. 

1 hour ago, ochen said:

So I was thinking of grabbing one to compare with the Samsung Syncmaster TV that I've been using lately. No snow today so I decided to take the 1hr+ drive to Microcenter today to pick one up. Apparently it wasn't my day. I checked the website last Wed/Thursday & it showed 25+ in stock. They were sold out. Apparently some guy came in and grabbed all the available units. Supposedly for his business. Mighty strange coincidence don't you think? MicroSquad guy helping me took my info & is supposedly gonna let me know if and when they'll be receiving more. At least I had a coupon for a free SSD & grabbed a few other things for some Xbox projects. 

Where are you located? Its possible that someone did pick them all up for a business...that happens often around here.

18 minutes ago, eightbit said:

Where are you located? Its possible that someone did pick them all up for a business...that happens often around here.

Yeah, that's what the sales guy said. It's happened before & I don't remember the reason he stated as to why there was no limit so he grabbed all of em. He did offer me the 24in, but sounds like that one is best to avoid. Online reservations are only good for 3 days for local pick up since they don't offer shipping. Just wasn't my day I guess.

2 hours ago, ochen said:

Yeah, that's what the sales guy said. It's happened before & I don't remember the reason he stated as to why there was no limit so he grabbed all of em. He did offer me the 24in, but sounds like that one is best to avoid. Online reservations are only good for 3 days for local pick up since they don't offer shipping. Just wasn't my day I guess.

Just order it through Microcenter and get it shipped to you. It's available as an add to cart item. I don't think a lot of people realize that they have an online order system to ship to you as well:

https://www.microcenter.com/product/638580/dell-se2722h-27-full-hd-(1920-x-1080)-75hz-led-monitor?storeid=029

Shipping is pretty darn reasonable when I went through the online checkout motions.

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 12.53.02 AM.png

Edited by eightbit

17 hours ago, ochen said:

I had something similar.  I decided not to grab one last weekend since I was going to be out of town and didn't want to make the drive.  At that point, it had said 25+ remaining.

So I got back Friday night and decided to look it up again, and now there are none.  I ordered one off Amazon (but it's going to take a week to arrive, before it was only going to be a couple days when I looked it up last weekend.

So all you Northeast Ohio ST users better reveal yourselves so we can have some Atari get-togethers....   Or, we'll be seeing a slew of these on ebay for $1500

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ochen said:

Microcenter does ship.  You just have to switch "your store" to "Shippable Items".  Most things I order ship from Columbus Ohio (fwiw) but I have had some things come from either Indiana or Illinois (I don't remember specifically).

17 hours ago, eightbit said:

Just order it through Microcenter and get it shipped to you. It's available as an add to cart item. I don't think a lot of people realize that they have an online order system to ship to you as well:

I decided to wait for the weekend to make the trip since I wanted to browse around & do some necessary impulsive shopping. Looked around for a bit til I got dizzy with all the temptations & my wallet still took a hit. I'll do shipping next time if the sales guy comes through. Lesson learned though.