IGNORED

So excited that tomorrow I get to go into my friends attic for his Jaguar stuff

The Helper

14 hours ago, sirlynxalot said:

Let's place bets.  I think that with a little cleaning and the appropriate cables and stuff, that it will all work just fine.

To make this sporting, I'll take the opposite stance: The whole stack is broken. Now everyone hit the like button on this post or the opposite one by @sirlynxalotto place your bets, or wager a scenario in between on your own post!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

I think the Jaguar will mostly work.  One of the pins on the second controller port will be broke and also the edge connector on the back for the Jag Link will not work.  The Jaguar CD will play CDs fine, but will not play cartridges.

If this was a real booking joint, you'd have by far the highest potential payout of the bets thus far.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think the initial "I am going to so video this" will be voted Most Unfulfilled Teaser. We've already gotten a still photo of the first recovered treasure; where is the glorious candid footage featuring attic ladders, Shelob battles, box groping, and the initial glorious discovery? Bah! Bah, I type!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Editorb said:

That's what happens when Jag CD appears to work, then produces series of disk errors.

After I get my buddies stuff all cleaned up I need to turn my attention to my Jag CD.  I got it like 15 years ago when I was doing the Ebay thing to complete my collection and I have never tested it.  It is not as bad looking as the one in this thread but my jag and jag cd are dirty as hell too and it will be interesting to see if it works.  Based on what I have read about Jag CDs over the year I think I have a good chance because the parts that break are usually from use right?  These have just been sitting.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

The Jaguar hates dust; just get your connectors and cart slots and everything good and clean. 

Do you use alcohol or something else to clean the connectors?  Compressed air?

LOL - I know how to clean connectors it is sticky thread in this forum lol I have been on this forum since the beginning I should know that LOL

Edited by The Helper
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Helper said:

Do you use alcohol or something else to clean the connectors?  Compressed air?

I loved the part of my VCS manual that admonished, "Don't pour liquids into the Game Program Slot of the Console." Surely the advances by the Jaguar generation allow us to pour a beer into the thirsty kitty's mouth ...

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, jhd said:

I am curious about how to test for such a condition (without using any additional hardware).  

I am going to bring my known working Jag over and if his Jag is fried I will use mine to test his CD.  Of course that is additional hardware though.

Edited by The Helper
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 3:16 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

The Jaguar hates dust; just get your connectors and cart slots and everything good and clean. 

Ironic isn’t ironic? Dust is a killer where electronics are concerned, yet Atari  cheaped out on a cartridge slot cover; the biggest dust vacuum on the console.  

Edit: This is why I always leave a cartridge plugged into the Jaguar’s cartridge slot.

Edited by ColecoGamer

2 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

Ironic isn’t ironic? Dust is a killer where electronics are concerned, yet Atari  cheaped out on a cartridge slot cover; the biggest dust vacuum on the console.  

Edit: This is why I always leave a cartridge plugged into the Jaguar’s cartridge slot.

Dirt can still get in around the sides of the cartridge. I use a slot cover, then cover the console with a custom cover.

I used to cover each console with aluminum foil, and people said it looked like I had batches of lasagna on the entertainment center.

Edited by Editorb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4