IGNORED

Pitfall

Enduro75

Hi guys.. 

I'm new to atari.... So new.. I haven't even got the console yet (looking for a 2600)

Ive joined here and I'm hoping to learn too :)

I searched for pitfall as its a game I would like... But I wasn't really finding any cib pal versions... Is it hard or expensive to buy? 

I also read that certain ntsc games run like they shouldn't in pal systems. 

As this game is top of my list... I'm just hoping I could get some info.. 

Thank you :)

18 hours ago, Enduro75 said:

I searched for pitfall as its a game I would like... But I wasn't really finding any cib pal versions... Is it hard or expensive to buy? 

Where are you looking?  US?  Europe?

Usually CIBs are as expensive as it gets for a game, but if all you want to for now is play Pitfall, there are plenty of carts available.

1 hour ago, Enduro75 said:

EU.. Im in the UK.. 

eBay is definitely your friend here. There are tons of Pitfall for sale but again, a boxed version will run for about 100€, a cart only will be around 20€.

As far as a PAL version goes, I think the closest you can get is Dschungel Boy which is essentially the same game with changes to the graphics.

Activision did release some PAL versions of their games, but Pitfall does not seem to be one of them:

https://atariage.com/company_page.php?CompanyID=11&SystemID=2600&SystemFilterID=2600

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, vcsrocks said:

eBay is definitely your friend here. There are tons of Pitfall for sale but again, a boxed version will run for about 100€, a cart only will be around 20€.

As far as a PAL version goes, I think the closest you can get is Dschungel Boy which is essentially the same game with changes to the graphics.

Activision did release some PAL versions of their games, but Pitfall does not seem to be one of them:

https://atariage.com/company_page.php?CompanyID=11&SystemID=2600&SystemFilterID=2600

Thank you mate. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Enduro75 said:

Please may I ask if anyone has any info on how a ntsc cart behaves in a UK 2600...

Thank you... 

In my experience, with a modern TV usually only the colors will be off as the TV will adjust to the frame rate delivered by the game.  I have tons of NTSC games I play without any issues.

NTSC and PAL consoles also have different crystal clocks (3.59MHz for NTSC and 3.54MHz for PAL if I remember correctly).  This will be divided by 3 to tack the CPU.

The clock is not impacted by the cart region though, but some games you will notice a slightly different audio output when playing the same cart on NTSC and PAL consoles.

• Thanks 1