IGNORED

Backported Bluetooth Firmware - Testers Needed

mozzwald

I have created a new branch in the github repo called 'bt-backport' which is a modified version of the 'master' branch to be build-able with the older esp-idf so that Bluetooth can work for those who prefer it. This build has only been tested by me and only as far as Bluetooth turning on/off. I have no way to test SIO2BT functionality on my Atari.

Can someone please flash this firmware and confirm that SIO2BT mode works for them? See the README in the zip for basic instructions.

fujinet-fw-20220111-bt-backport.zip

• Like 1

Testing on 1.6 here as well. It seems to work for the most part, but I kind of feel like it's a tad bit slower/flakier than another FN on 0.5.ba2f6751. Right now the OS ROM in this 800XL is the one I got from Montezuma with the SIO2BT. At first I was getting a lot of errors/retries.. Like the 80s music 'demo' from the 2022 New Year Disk at first took almost a minute to load, but then I saw PicoDOS's HSIO setting was on 'Auto'. Another time I loaded the same file, it took only 20 seconds. If I set HSIO to OFF in PicoDOS it consistently loads in that amount of time. With Auto, it's hit or miss. On the other FN firmware, even set on Auto it seemed to always load properly, and might've even taken 19 seconds vs 20. It's possible that I didn't try enough times for it to go the other way though. Loading the Lovebyte 2022 invite was also ever so slightly faster on the other FN. This was ~10 seconds where the other/old firmware took ~9 seconds.

On 1/14/2022 at 5:10 AM, phigan said:

Testing on 1.6 here as well.

Thanks for testing and reporting back.

The speed difference is probably due to the older espressif sdk used in the BT build. I was mostly looking to see if it worked at all and it appears to work well enough.

Thanks again!