IGNORED

simple s-video mod on a vader

peke

On 1/14/2022 at 1:36 PM, peke said:

I´m going to get a vader and want to make a simple s-video mod, I allready did a composite mod on a 7800

must be very simple with parts I can find localy on a electronic components shop.

is there a way?

thanks

If is a question yes, you can make a video mod with just with a couple resistors and 1 transistor, i did on the last week (on one of my ataris) and yes the result is awsone, But I complemented the solution with a simple and cheap AV-2-HDMI converter. Yo can find the guide that I used here:

https://www.instructables.com/ATARI-2600-Video-Composite-mod/

Cheap converter: 

convertidor.JPG

Edited by kyokorn

26 minutes ago, kyokorn said:

If is a question yes, you can make a video mod with just with a couple resistors and 1 transistor, i did on the last week (on one of my ataris) and yes the result is awsone, But I complemented the solution with a simple and cheap AV-2-HDMI converter. Yo can find the guide that I used here:

https://www.instructables.com/ATARI-2600-Video-Composite-mod/

Cheap converter: 

convertidor.JPG

The Op was asking for simple s-video output solution..

And I hope you didn't shoehorn that converter into your console directly? If you did, you did install a higher current output VR and supplement it with a matching higher output current PSU as well?

4 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

The Op was asking for simple s-video output solution..

And I hope you didn't shoehorn that converter into your console directly? If you did, you did install a higher current output VR and supplement it with a matching higher output current PSU as well?

Ohhh got it s-video, 

Nope, I'm using the external converter with separate power source, but yes i will use my Atari Vader to put the converter inside the Atari, and I will use another power source with more mA, the mA consumption for the AVtoHDMI converter is 270 mA, so i think with 9V and 1A will be enough right? 

Edited by kyokorn

Not much NTSC stuff comes our way, but I think we used this in a Sears once. Fairly certain we had to tweak it a little (this is the PAL version), the trimmer sets the luma level anyhow so that'll help. Might need to tweak the chroma input (3K3) resistor. Also the 5K1 at the bottom of the resistor ladder. Got a feeling that might want to be a 2K...  But it's a start!

2600-SVideo.thumb.jpg.6cde9337175184ce85c871ae7eb8d8a9.jpg

Edited by juansolo
Quickly added a bare vero layout to make it easier to understand.
  • Like 1