Jump to content
Danjovic

The Wolf

Recommended Posts

Finished the functional jaguar controller. It is ugly as hell, but should be enough to finish the development of the firmware for the Wolf

IMG_20220408_184119570_1_1.thumb.jpg.31861067fd8479e26201a2ab27f7754a.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just uploaded a beta version on github. The interface is working with Working with either Jaguar or SNES controller, but not with both at the same time ( should work in the logic to allow that).

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Video of the interface with the home-built Jaguar controller. On the video I have swapped the sides of the joystick and keyboard because of the low contrast of the red square missile used to mark the keys.

 

 

 

My setup

wolf-test.thumb.jpg.7303712623a87ee1e33de248a8c2cae7.jpg

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danjovic said:

I have just uploaded a beta version on github. The interface is working with Working with either Jaguar or SNES controller, but not with both at the same time ( should work in the logic to allow that).

 

 

As the standard jaguar controller can not be differentiated from an open circuit, the SNES controller has precedence. In other words the controller operation is mutually exclusive and the SNES controller has a higher priority on the control of the ouputs.

New firmware was uploaded to github.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mode + Key on arduino power up or reset (Select + Key on SNES controller)

M + UP -> 3 button, Atari 2600 + Omega Race Booster Grip

M + DOWN -> 3 button, Atari 2600, Joy 2B+

M + LEFT -> 2 button, Atari 7800, Proline controller

M + RIGHT -> 2 button, Atari 7800, Proline controller with shortcut keys for PetscII Robots on SNES controller

 

 

Note Press OPTION only on the powerup/reset defaults to Proline controller (Red Mode)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2022 at 2:06 PM, Danjovic said:

Video of the interface with the home-built Jaguar controller. On the video I have swapped the sides of the joystick and keyboard because of the low contrast of the red square missile used to mark the keys.

 

 

 

My setup

wolf-test.thumb.jpg.7303712623a87ee1e33de248a8c2cae7.jpg

 

 

 

Is that a rare clone 7800?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Yurkie said:

Is that a rare clone 7800?

It is a plain system 2600 ;). A clone though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cut the box to fit the board. It demanded a lot of handiwork, which is OK for a DIY project, but may render a serialization unworkable. In that case two options should b considered

  • Machine a COTS box on a CNC.
  • Custom 3D print (that nowadays can be ordered online)

box-1.thumb.jpg.a04ea983a3c19adc11e01dc2bef0dfa9.jpg

box-4.thumb.jpg.9366c703400325b26f22edb65e677ac3.jpg

box-2.thumb.jpg.df4e271a8764efca2466426da6779ed8.jpg

box-3.thumb.jpg.4569b34a7025668caf38b15fc540b39b.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2022 at 12:46 PM, ZylonBane said:

A game that's only playable by people who own a 7800, and a Jaguar controller, and this adapter? So a subset of a subset of an already tiny potential audience? That sounds like a dreadful idea.

Just a ray of sunshine, aren't you?
 

I think it is a good idea. We need some better controls so we can get even better games.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2022 at 10:39 AM, Danjovic said:

Cut the box to fit the board. It demanded a lot of handiwork, which is OK for a DIY project, but may render a serialization unworkable. In that case two options should b considered

  • Machine a COTS box on a CNC.
  • Custom 3D print (that nowadays can be ordered online)

box-1.thumb.jpg.a04ea983a3c19adc11e01dc2bef0dfa9.jpg

box-4.thumb.jpg.9366c703400325b26f22edb65e677ac3.jpg

box-2.thumb.jpg.df4e271a8764efca2466426da6779ed8.jpg

box-3.thumb.jpg.4569b34a7025668caf38b15fc540b39b.jpg

If you were looking to do a run of say 25 or even 50, I would recommend "simply" making a template for each of the side cutouts.  This template will not get destroyed when in use.  Use a dremmel or similar device (router, etc.) with a spiral cut bit and a bearing which rides on the template.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...