IGNORED

New Atari ST Podcast

Tired of all those Amiga fanboys talking down to you? The Atari ST Show has got your back, brother! Each episode we talk about the glory that is the Atari ST and review one game from its extensive back catalog of classics!

Episode 1 just dropped, and it's Oids, baby! OIDS! Subscribe right now on iTunes, Spotify, or grab the RSS  at https://anchor.fm/ataristshow

Do any of you actually have a physical copy of Oids? I can't find any record of it trading hands in the US, and only a few passing mentions in the UK. 

st1 Oids.png

• Like 3

I just listened to your podcast. Nice. I liked the "give and take" part of the conversation

between you and your partner. Offering alternative viewpoints is good.

Oids can be a tough game. It does require skill. As far as lining up the shots, I always

liked to compare it to the old WW2 submariner's adage, "Work like hell to get into

position, then take your time for the shot". I think that was from "Run Silent, Run Deep",

(the book - excellent, btw).

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to your upcoming episodes...

2 hours ago, DarkLord said:

I just listened to your podcast. Nice. I liked the "give and take" part of the conversation

between you and your partner. Offering alternative viewpoints is good.

Oids can be a tough game. It does require skill. As far as lining up the shots, I always

liked to compare it to the old WW2 submariner's adage, "Work like hell to get into

position, then take your time for the shot". I think that was from "Run Silent, Run Deep",

(the book - excellent, btw).

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to your upcoming episodes...

Thanks for your kind words! I agree--because you can only fire in 8 directions, sometimes you have to get into position and let gravity do its work before taking your shot. February's episode will be Super Sprint!

On 1/15/2022 at 6:28 PM, BoatofCar said:

Tired of all those Amiga fanboys talking down to you? The Atari ST Show has got your back, brother! Each episode we talk about the glory that is the Atari ST and review one game from its extensive back catalog of classics!

Episode 1 just dropped, and it's Oids, baby! OIDS! Subscribe right now on iTunes, Spotify, or grab the RSS  at https://anchor.fm/ataristshow

Do any of you actually have a physical copy of Oids? I can't find any record of it trading hands in the US, and only a few passing mentions in the UK. 

st1 Oids.png

Appreciate you and Aaron giving love to the ST, as it is very much deserving of it.  However, while the show was good, I am afraid the combination of your Our Sinclair show "we are ZX Spectrum noobs" vibe combined with the lover of all gaming platforms, plus the fact that your flagship show is Amigos: Everything Amiga, just doesn't quite mesh well enough for me.  Sorry, but for me someone like what Pete Davison does really just resonates with me more because he along his family was involved with the ST back when it was still a viable product and brings such an intimate knowledge to the platform.  That being said, I wish you guys the best and will still watch episodes along the way, just not anywhere to the degree I will and/or have done for you guys' other shows like Our Sinclair and Amigos: Everything Amiga.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 2:23 PM, BoatofCar said:

Thanks for your kind words! I agree--because you can only fire in 8 directions, sometimes you have to get into position and let gravity do its work before taking your shot. February's episode will be Super Sprint!

Saw the newest Super Sprint episode.  A solid episode, though I don't think Aaron will win himself a lot of fans with his shirt choice this week.  Still, good stuff though, again, not as good as your other shows/podcasts imo.  But, keep up the (overall) very good work.