soviet conscript

BSR 386SX/16 vintage desktop computer

BSR 386SX/16 vintage desktop computer. This computer is tested working but please read details below before buying!

specs: CPU is a intel 386SX @ 16MHz, 4MB of memory, Intel 387 math co processor, built-inCirrus Logic "Eagle II" video chip. MAD16 16-bit ISA sound card. 1.2MB 5 1/4 floppy drive & 1.44 3.5 inch floppy drive. Seagate 107MB hard drive.

Pc does boot to hard drive. floppy drives and sound card tested working.

the things that don't work *please read*
This machine has a built in BUS mouse port but I do not own a BUS mouse to test so mouse functionality is unknown. I loaded CTMOUSE drivers and they did detect when I attached a serial mouse but the mouse did not function. 
Motherboard uses an external battery for the CMOS, this battery is DEAD so it will either need replaced or you will have to setup the hard drive and floppy drives each time you power this PC up.
PC has a habit of restarting itself when it encounters any kind of error, not sure what causes this but I spend several hours with the machine and it only did this once or twice when I was running benchmarking programs but being this is pretty old vintage hardware I can make no guarantees. Could be related to dead CMOS battery

$200 shipped, if your local to Phoenix, AZ and can do local pickup I can cut you a discount.

20220103_173513.jpg

20220106_175041.jpg

20220106_175046.jpg

20220106_175110.jpg

20220103_162555.jpg

20220103_162559.jpg

Edited by soviet conscript
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, soviet conscript said:

BSR 386SX/16 vintage desktop computer. This computer is tested working but please read details below before buying!

specs: CPU is a intel 386SX @ 16MHz, 4MB of memory, Intel 387 math co processor, built-inCirrus Logic "Eagle II" video chip. MAD16 16-bit ISA sound card. 1.2MB 5 1/4 floppy drive & 1.44 3.5 inch floppy drive. Seagate 107MB hard drive.

Pc does boot to hard drive. floppy drives and sound card tested working.

the things that don't work *please read*
This machine has a built in BUS mouse port but I do not own a BUS mouse to test so mouse functionality is unknown. I loaded CTMOUSE drivers and they did detect when I attached a serial mouse but the mouse did not function. 
Motherboard uses an external battery for the CMOS, this battery is DEAD so it will either need replaced or you will have to setup the hard drive and floppy drives each time you power this PC up.
PC has a habit of restarting itself when it encounters any kind of error, not sure what causes this but I spend several hours with the machine and it only did this once or twice when I was running benchmarking programs but being this is pretty old vintage hardware I can make no guarantees. Could be related to dead CMOS battery

OMG!  This was my first PC.  Exact same setup except I had the 80 Mb hard drive.  My uncle later expanded the RAM to 8 Mb.  I had a BSR monitor and an Epson dot matrix printer to go with it.  I learned to program in DOS with it and did some cool stuff.  I haven't done that in years and couldn't tell you the first thing about it now.  This was a very solid machine sold by the DAK mail order catalog IIRC.  Good luck with the sale and thanks for bringing back a memory!

• Like 1