IGNORED

Music Machine scam listing?

Atari_Bill

Ok, what shenanigans are going on with this Music Machine listing?   I saw this yesterday listed by School Girl for their typical ridiculous price and like normal moved on.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133996062343?hash=item1f32c9a687:g:scUAAOSwLhth45gX

Today, I see that it the listing was pulled and now a new listing is out there from completely "different" seller at a much more reasonable price.  That seller also has a -1 feedback with a complaint of not sending item.  This listing is also using the same exact photos as the previous listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363691588435?hash=item54adb53b53:g:0DUAAOSweC1h3w30

Is this a case of a scammer stealing photos from the other listing maybe?  Not sure what to make of it.  

• Haha 1

Ugh, where to begin..... Well, it started about mid-week. The blue plaid background MM photo appeared in a few Facebook groups by a FB user Vito Montana. The FB profile was sketchy af and several (most of us) called it a scammer. I decided to play the game and "purchased" it Thursday evening. I used PayPal Goods and Services and the seller within minutes was trying to get me to "confirm reception" so he could get the money "to buy packing materials". Within minutes of accepting my money another AA forum member and friend sent an interested message to Vito, low and behold, "yes, it's still available" was the reply. Have since learned there were at least a couple other people who 'bought' the MM cart via FB posts. Every transaction the seller WANTS CashApp, LOL. I continued to work the seller for more info, he sent me a tracking number (trying to circumvent PP G&S limitations) but the tracking number was created some 9 hours BEFORE my purchase. Seller then sent me some QR code that went nowhere. Friday morning I got a PP refund from Vito with the note attached "someone offered more money". Sometime Friday I believe it was it 'sold' thru Mercari and also listed on eBay. Timing is fuzzy but none-the-less the PHOTO has made it's rounds thru every sales avenue getting sold or pulled and relisted within hours. MM was relisted on Mercari [after it was listed as SOLD] and then pulled because seller required CashApp payment in the ad. It was quickly relisted without that verbiage. 

Vito Montana appears to have connections to a very sketchy eBay seller DRE407 whom I got into with many years ago for selling fake A2600 carts. I think my interactions with them are here on AA forums from those years gone by. Ironically some of the same fake carts are still listed today and DRE407 even calls some eBay user out [not me] in the description for harassment over the fake carts. I don't know if they run in the same ring or Vito just happens to cross paths by pure accident. I don't believe there is any true connections to school girl, I have a gut feeling school girl is a legit seller with insane prices and actually physically possess the items listed. I suspect Vito is simply a good ol fashioned scammer who found the photos and is using them in the listings across all platforms and doesn't own anything.

About the negative feedback for the new seller with the MM, well if you look the negative feedback came from SCHOOL GIRL! Which kinda solidifies my suspicions Vito is just a good ol fashioned scammer and SG is a legit seller. 

I have too many screen shots of the whole mess to back up my 'story' for those of you who are in the pics or GTFO camp. ;) 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Kenjunior said:

Ugh, where to begin..... Well, it started about mid-week. The blue plaid background MM photo appeared in a few Facebook groups by a FB user Vito Montana. The FB profile was sketchy af and several (most of us) called it a scammer. I decided to play the game and "purchased" it Thursday evening. I used PayPal Goods and Services and the seller within minutes was trying to get me to "confirm reception" so he could get the money "to buy packing materials". Within minutes of accepting my money another AA forum member and friend sent an interested message to Vito, low and behold, "yes, it's still available" was the reply. Have since learned there were at least a couple other people who 'bought' the MM cart via FB posts. Every transaction the seller WANTS CashApp, LOL. I continued to work the seller for more info, he sent me a tracking number (trying to circumvent PP G&S limitations) but the tracking number was created some 9 hours BEFORE my purchase. Seller then sent me some QR code that went nowhere. Friday morning I got a PP refund from Vito with the note attached "someone offered more money". Sometime Friday I believe it was it 'sold' thru Mercari and also listed on eBay. Timing is fuzzy but none-the-less the PHOTO has made it's rounds thru every sales avenue getting sold or pulled and relisted within hours. MM was relisted on Mercari [after it was listed as SOLD] and then pulled because seller required CashApp payment in the ad. It was quickly relisted without that verbiage. 

Vito Montana appears to have connections to a very sketchy eBay seller DRE407 whom I got into with many years ago for selling fake A2600 carts. I think my interactions with them are here on AA forums from those years gone by. Ironically some of the same fake carts are still listed today and DRE407 even calls some eBay user out [not me] in the description for harassment over the fake carts. I don't know if they run in the same ring or Vito just happens to cross paths by pure accident. I don't believe there is any true connections to school girl, I have a gut feeling school girl is a legit seller with insane prices and actually physically possess the items listed. I suspect Vito is simply a good ol fashioned scammer who found the photos and is using them in the listings across all platforms and doesn't own anything.

About the negative feedback for the new seller with the MM, well if you look the negative feedback came from SCHOOL GIRL! Which kinda solidifies my suspicions Vito is just a good ol fashioned scammer and SG is a legit seller. 

I have too many screen shots of the whole mess to back up my 'story' for those of you who are in the pics or GTFO camp. ;)

I saw the MM listing on the FB groups as well and on Mercari, but didn’t connect them to this one.  I should have known.  I thought about buying the Mercari one, but the seller looked sketchy and I didn’t go through with it.  

The DRE407 seller has been scamming people for ages with his shoddy reproductions.  I know his account in a second.   

As far as School Girl goes, I don’t think they are scammers.  I believe they actually have the products they are selling, just pretty clueless on their pricing.  

7 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

What I don’t understand is that school girl pictures show the fingers cropped out while the other pictures show them fully.  Wouldn’t the originals show the fingers and the cropped ones be copies?  Something just doesn’t make sense here?

Did SG have the MM carts listed for sale? Crap, I guess I didn't catch that... [I just found it]

What if SG "bought" it and was trying to flip it before it ever arrived. Used the photos sent to them (cropped) and listed it on eBay? I'm getting more confused with the connection of SG and sharpn51 now......

Edited by Kenjunior

9 minutes ago, Kenjunior said:

Did SG have the MM carts listed for sale? Crap, I guess I didn't catch that... [I just found it]

What if SG "bought" it and was trying to flip it before it ever arrived. Used the photos sent to them (cropped) and listed it on eBay? I'm getting more confused with the connection of SG and sharpn51 now......

That’s possible I guess. Especially since they left negative feedback about not getting their other item. SG could have bought the FB or Mercari one and posted it immediately for sale. When they realized they weren’t getting it, they pulled down their auction.  Could have gone that way, but not exactly ethical selling practices. 

Edited by Atari_Bill
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 11:35 AM, Kenjunior said:

I have a gut feeling school girl is a legit seller with insane prices and actually physically possess the items listed. I suspect Vito is simply a good ol fashioned scammer who found the photos and is using them in the listings across all platforms and doesn't own anything.

Schoolgirl aka Anna has been around a LONG time and I've sold stuff to him before. Not intentionally of course, he has a way of winning auctions that people fall asleep/forget to bid. Whenever he won an auction of mine I knew it went for a fraction of its actual value haha. Its been a good many years though since I've actively sold any atari stuff on ebay...all I can say is he always paid asap and I don't remember any problems.

On 1/16/2022 at 11:59 AM, Atari_Bill said:

As far as School Girl goes, I don’t think they are scammers.  I believe they actually have the products they are selling, just pretty clueless on their pricing.  

Ha! He knows exactly what the stuff is worth, hes just delusional, but yeah, as far as I know he does actually have the stuff...

On 1/16/2022 at 12:16 PM, Kenjunior said:

This is likely exactly what happened. 

• Like 1