IGNORED

Retro game room

Rastan88

• 2 months later...
On 4/8/2022 at 6:12 AM, RJ said:

?? for not owning/showing any Barfcade 1Ups.

Screenshot_20220309-175756_Gallery.jpg

LCD, and their branding (Arcade 1UP) all over the cabinets were the deal breaker for me.  I understand why collectors go after them, but they aren't my cup of tea.

On 4/13/2022 at 7:06 PM, 4300 said:

That SMS rack original,  or something you put together? Everything looks great. 

It was an "Imaginarium" rack from Toys R Us late 90's I got when I worked there.  They were going to throw it out, and I saved it.  Easy conversion of a very nice display rack.  Just painted the base board and header black (originally white) and added the SMS sign atop.  The red metal frame really stood out to me.  I couldn't see it going in the dumpster.

I had to show some love for the Master System.  It was my first gaming console I got for Christmas 1987 when I was 13 years old.  Still the best Christmas I ever had.

I have a bunch more video game signs saved that were headed for the trash when I worked at TRU.  The Super Nintendo sign I have above my window is one of them, circa 1995.

I remember the kiosk display of the SMS at Hills Department store 35 years ago, and could kick myself for not asking the manager if I could have it when they were through.  I just remember it being very unique, and very cool.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...