IGNORED

Is transformer 300VA enough for FM Towns Marty

Rugar

Yes it will, power (W)= V x I, so 25W @ 100V = 0.25A or 250mA. The transformer you have found can supply 8 times that so it will easily power the system.

Under normal operating conditions the unit will only draw the current it need and so the excess current capacity is not a problem, however under fault condition it could potentially draw (however briefly before things go up in smoke) the entire 3A so if you go with that transformer I would strongly recommend placing a 200mA to 300mA fast blow (F) fuse in line with the transformer output to minimise any potential damage to the systems should a fault occur that would result in it drawing addition current from the transformer. 

Thank you very much, this is extremely useful information for me!

By the way, there is a part on the transformer where it says protector. What can be the factory protection against the fuse you recommend? Is there any chance that my transformer already has that fuse in himor is it better to take it to an electronics technician to install the fuse you recommended?

Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 12-24-49 sanyo pretvarac 220 240v na 100V - KupujemProdajem.png