IGNORED

4th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards: Voting Information & Discussion

We can analyze the results right here.

Looking at 2600 games only:

• Clearest win: K-Jo Chases The Cheese, Atari 2600 Best Homebrew ≤ 4K (Original)
  • Closest race: Turbo Arcade (25.26%), Qix and RubyQ (both 22.11%), 1942 (20%), Atari 2600 Best WIP Homebrew (Port)
  • Most wins: RobotWar:2684 (3)
  • Most unfortunate loser: Ladybug Arcade 
    • 2nd in Atari 2600 Best Music + Sound (Port) (43,53% vs 47,06%)
    • 2nd in Atari 2600 Best Graphics (Port) (37.5% vs 43.75%)
    • 2nd in Atari 2600 Best Homebrew (Port) (28.57% vs 59.82%)
Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

• 2nd in Atari 2600 Best Homebrew (Port) (28.57% vs 59.82%)

It was a real clash of the titans. I think for many of us a real honest to goodness Robotron was something we never thought we would see on the 2600 and that magic powered RobotWar to victory in all three categories.

• Like 2

RESULTS OF THE

4th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards

Atari 2600 Best Homebrew (Original)

WINNER: Game of the Bear (32K) by VHZC Games / Vladimir Zuñiga @vhzc

Atari 2600 Best Homebrew (Port)

WINNER: RobotWar:2684 (was Robotron:2084 / RobotWar: 2600) (32K Port) by Champ Games / John Champeau @johnnywc, Nathan Strum @Nathan Strum (graphics), David Brown (Music and Sounds), John Champeau @johnnywc (Additional Sounds), David Exton @liveinabin (Packaging)

Atari 2600 Best Homebrew ≤ 4K (Original)

WINNER: K-Jo Chases The Cheese (4K) by Red Button Games / Leonardo Santiago @Leonardo Santiago

Atari 2600 Best Homebrew ≤ 4K (Port)

WINNER: Soul of the Beast (4K Port) by Michael Christophersson/ΛERIF°RM @pvmpkin

Atari 2600 Best Graphics (Original)

WINNER: Kung Fu Combat 2 (32K) by Edward Smith @easmith, Kevin Mosley @KevinMos3 (Graphics), Michael Thomasson (Packaging)

Atari 2600 Best Graphics (Port)

WINNER: RobotWar:2684 (was Robotron:2084 / RobotWar: 2600) (32K Port) by Champ Games / John Champeau @johnnywc, Nathan Strum @Nathan Strum (graphics), David Brown (Music and Sounds), John Champeau @johnnywc (Additional Sounds), David Exton @liveinabin (Packaging)

Atari 2600 Best Music & Sound (Original)

WINNER: ZΔRKSTΔRS - A Space Saga (16K) by Leandro Camara @HSW3ET (Programming, Design, Soundtrack), Heitor Maciel (Programming Consulting), Viviane Peçaibes (Design and Text Consulting), Kenny Schmitt (Cover Illustration)

Atari 2600 Best Music & Sound (Port)

Atari 2600 Best WIP (Original)

WINNER: Tober's Nightmare (32K) by Mick Crocker @mickmuze

Atari 2600 Best WIP (Port)

WINNER: Turbo Arcade (64K Port) by Champ Games / John Champeau @johnnywc (Coding & Design), Nathan Strum @Nathan Strum (Art & Graphics, Sound Effects)

Atari 7800 Best Homebrew (Original)

WINNER: E.X.O. by MuddyVision / Lewis Hill @Muddyfunster / Bobby Clark @Synthpopalooza (Music)

Atari 7800 Best Homebrew (Port)

WINNER: Popeye 7800 (Port) by 20th St Arcade / Darryl Guenther @darryl1970 (Programming and Graphics) / Bobby Clark @Synthpopalooza, Matt Smith @mksmith, Pat Brady @Pat Brady, Trebor @Trebor (Music) / Mike Saarna @RevEng, Matt Smith @mksmith, Paul Lay @playsoft, Perry Thuente @tep392 (Programming Consultants) / Marco Sabbetta @Defender_2600 (Additional Graphics) / Atariboy2600 @Atariboy2600 (Package Artwork)

Atari 7800 Best WIP (Original)

WINNER: Ninjish Guy Perilous Island by VHZC Games / Vladimir Zuñiga @vhzc

Atari 7800 Best WIP (Port)

WINNER: Keystone Kapers (Port) by MuddyVision / Lewis Hill @Muddyfunster (Code, GFX, SFX), Bobby Clark @Synthpopalooza (Pokey Music), Matt Smith @mksmith (Music Support), Bethany Hill (Additional Artwork)

Atari 8-Bit/5200 Best Homebrew

WINNER: Prince of Persia (2021 | A8) by @rensoup (Programming), Konstantinos Giamalidis @TIX(Character Art + Princess Room), @miker (Music Bank 1 + SFX Bank 1), @VinsCool (Music Bank 1 & 2), @emkay (SFX Bank 2), @makary (SFX Bank 1), @superrune (Title Picture), @dmsc (Soundplayer), @xxl (Disk Loading + zx5 Unpacker XBios), Rich Talbot-Watkins (Assembler: Beebasm), @elmer (zx0 Unpacker), Einer Saukas (zx Packer), Jordan Mechner (Original Game)

Atari Lynx Best Homebrew

WINNER: YNXA by Frédéric Descharmes @Fadest. Graphics by Kronbits, Elthen & @Fadest. Musics by JP Garin/@rygar & @Fadest

Atari Best Packaging

WINNER: ZΔRKSTΔRS - A Space Saga (16K) by Leandro Camara @HSW3ET (Programming, Design, Soundtrack), Heitor Maciel (Programming Consulting), Viviane Peçaibes (Design and Text Consulting), Kenny Schmitt (Cover Illustration)

Lifetime Achievement Award

WINNER: Fred Quimby @batari

92062371_20220213-AtariHomebrewAwards-WinnersAnnounced.thumb.jpg.f2f8f5947388b222cb91475a7e756a6f.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

again good show great games I almost didn't have to do voting for Harmony games until I played kung fu combat 2 and saw the only scoring was in the obstacles and I had remove that from list of games which also meant had to change orignal to voting as well but had to do 3 choices instead of the orignal 2.
anyways heres link to polls (I put all in one thread instead of  splitting it up like you do for Homebrew Awards)
https://atariage.com/forums/topic/331266-harmony-games-voting-thread-graphics-and-best-orignal/
I'll post the
link on my facebook group for AVC Online and the website as well (harmony games page)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone!
Thank you so much for the awards for Zarkstars!
I was really surprised to be nominated this year and to be able to participate in the event together with you.

Thanks to the nomination committee for the 4 nominations, James and the ZeroPage Homebrew channel for the initiative, the award sponsors, everyone involved with the game project and those who liked, supported, bought and voted for Zarkstars.
Congratulations to this year's participants and winners. Everyone did a good job.

I'm very happy. Thank you very much!

Leandro Camara

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, HSW3ET said:

Hi everyone!
Thank you so much for the awards for Zarkstars!
I was really surprised to be nominated this year and to be able to participate in the event together with you.

Thanks to the nomination committee for the 4 nominations, James and the ZeroPage Homebrew channel for the initiative, the award sponsors, everyone involved with the game project and those who liked, supported, bought and voted for Zarkstars.
Congratulations to this year's participants and winners. Everyone did a good job.

I'm very happy. Thank you very much!

Leandro Camara

Your games are very different and cool

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 8:04 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:
    • 2nd in Atari 2600 Best Homebrew (Port) (28.57% vs 59.82%

Sounds like PitKat last year. ;) 

Can we have a dedicated Champ Games catergory next year so other games can have a chance in the port catergory? :D

• 5 months later...