IGNORED

99/4A Servicing Manual?

matthew180

I just found 2 parts of a somehow similar document, here a combined version with OCR.

It is entitled with "TI-99/4" but also handles the 4A.... (?)

Your version seems to be newer...

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/248687-ti-99-docs-manuals-ebooks-lost-found/?do=findComment&comment=4989157

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@matthew180 It's interesting, I have only the TI-99/4 from 1982 in original and PDF indeed.
the TI-99/4A from 1983 seems to missing.
If you will do scans, could do them at 400 or 600 dpi and a low compression at least, please?

at least, I have found a version in PDF in the cyc DVD
image.thumb.png.5a01b0d621276900af78ea4e1a0e7879.png

anyway the quality of the schematics are not so good.

Thanks man! :)

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 1

The version I put on WHT a number of years ago (in two parts) is the original release of the Servicing Manual, and is focused on the 99/4. It has relevance to the later ones though, as it has some waveform data that got dropped--and which might be useful. The 1982 release is for the 99/4A, and the 1983 release adds data for the QI consoles.

I recently acquired a large schematic set for the 99/4 and the sidecar peripherals. I need to scan these in once I can get to a large-format scanner again. . .one bonus is that the set includes a schematic for the p-Code sidecar.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, matthew180 said:

I didn't realize this was an unavailable document until now.  I figured someone would post a link and that would be the end of it.  Let me see if I can dig up a tripod and some lights to do a scan.

If you are willing to part with it for a short time, I am happy to do a full scan of it.  @acadiel has a much better rig to do it, too.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 2:51 PM, Ksarul said:

The version I put on WHT a number of years ago (in two parts) is the original release of the Servicing Manual, and is focused on the 99/4. It has relevance to the later ones though, as it has some waveform data that got dropped--and which might be useful. The 1982 release is for the 99/4A, and the 1983 release adds data for the QI consoles.

I recently acquired a large schematic set for the 99/4 and the sidecar peripherals. I need to scan these in once I can get to a large-format scanner again. . .one bonus is that the set includes a schematic for the p-Code sidecar.

ah OK, so your 2 files were the base for the PDF I´ve posted here above     :pirate:

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 5:51 AM, Ksarul said:

@Ksarul, if your 1983 copy is the one I sent you I believe that it was missing a page so this you'll be able to go into WHT to add it now?  Good deal! Thank you @matthew180!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I sent six TI-related documents to @acadiel for scanning.  They are done now, and @arcadeshopper kindly uploaded them to WHTech.  Thanks to both of your for making this digitizing possible and available.

Since it can be hard to see what is new on WHTech, here is the list of additions:

Interface Standard and Design Guide - Western Horizon Tech

Panasonic CT-110MA CT-110MCA Color Monitor Service Manual

SAMS TI-99/4A ComputerFacts

TI_XB_Assembly_Programmers_Guide

TI994A_Home_Computer_Servicing_Manual_Oct_1983

TI-994A Console and Perhipheral Expansion System Technical Data 1049717-2 (1983)

Some notable mentions:

The Servicing Manual includes 99/4 schematics and detailed troubleshooting flow-charts.

The Console and PEB Technical Data manual includes 99/4A and QI schematics.

Note: Although the "TI XB Assembly Programmer's Guide" looks like a poor quality scan, I assure you it improves the readability over the physical paper original.  The original has yellowing paper, and the quality looks like the ribbon in the dot-matrix printer used to produce the print was long overdue for replacement.

Enjoy!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

probably not, is there a place i can get it all? 

Easier to upload it all if its where i can grab it instead of haivng to go to individual messages and figure out what to grab

Greg

Sent you PM on FB since your box here was full. :)

• Like 2