IGNORED

Transfer files between Fujinet and 1050 drive

stushug

10 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

If the fujinet could be set not to do anything but be available.... all of it's files, drivers etc. could be booted off of a hard drive or floppies... or maybe even be assignable like so many other devices...

The FujiNet device is always available. It is SIO device $70.

This is literally why the fnc-tools work!

The FNC tools are on atari-apps.irata.online in fnc-tools.atr. They can run in ANY DOS.

The source code for them is here: 

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-config-tools

And the SIO commands are documented here:

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki/SIO-Commands-for-Device-ID-%2470

On top of all of this, in the web admin, the config program can be completely disabled, and just the tools used instead. I've documented this, I've shown this, but nobody seems to pay attention.

I have spent, so much time, trying to show everybody all of this stuff, but it falls on _very_ deaf ears, as the same people say the same things over and over, even after I explain this stuff. Is it not making any sense?

-Thom

21 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

The FujiNet device is always available. It is SIO device $70.

This is literally why the fnc-tools work!

The FNC tools are on atari-apps.irata.online in fnc-tools.atr. They can run in ANY DOS.

The source code for them is here: 

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-config-tools

And the SIO commands are documented here:

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki/SIO-Commands-for-Device-ID-%2470

On top of all of this, in the web admin, the config program can be completely disabled, and just the tools used instead. I've documented this, I've shown this, but nobody seems to pay attention.

I have spent, so much time, trying to show everybody all of this stuff, but it falls on _very_ deaf ears, as the same people say the same things over and over, even after I explain this stuff. Is it not making any sense?

-Thom

I don't know why I'm having such difficulty settling in with my Fujinet, Thom.  Sooner or later I hope to have a breakthrough AHA moment. That said, I do appreciate you taking time to respond. Thank you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stushug said:

I don't know why I'm having such difficulty settling in with my Fujinet, Thom.  Sooner or later I hope to have a breakthrough AHA moment. That said, I do appreciate you taking time to respond. Thank you.

no problem, the easiest solution would be to have your disk drive be drive 2.

-Thom

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tschak909 said:

no problem, the easiest solution would be to have your disk drive be drive 2.

-Thom

That's so simple, I would have never thought of it. Seems like I keep making it more difficult for myself. I haven't touched my Atari for about 25 years, so it's taking time to remember even the easiest procedures. I'll get there, someday!

• Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 9:44 PM, _The Doctor__ said:

So what you are saying is, he can leave his drive as device #1 if he likes and can use any other method he likes to use his fujnet as well as assigning the slots of the fujinet as any device # he wishes?

Yes, use the web interface and set config to not boot. This was done a while back to make the FN play nice with SDX in things like the U1MB and esp. the 1088XEL devices....

Then the F* commands can be used to manipulate the FN all inside SDX.

• Like 2