IGNORED

Best new Jaguar release of 2021!

jgkspsx

What was your favorite new Jaguar release of 2021?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What was the best new Jaguar release of 2021?

• Last Strike
    • ReBOOTed
    • Kings of Edom
    • Brains and Brawn
    • Simone
    • JagZombies 2

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/12/2022 at 05:00 AM

Jaguar was not included in the Atari homebrew awards for 2021 (something I hope gets fixed in 2022) but I thought it would be fun to poll y’all on your favorite new Jaguar games released in 2021.

I left out Abyss as it is still not final. I think I got everything that was released, but please let me know if I missed one! Hopefully I am allowed to add poll options if I did.

EDIT: people asked for polls in specific categories, and here they are! 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Albert said:

Gravitic Mines and Dr. Typo Colleciton were both released right at the end of 2021 and will be shipped at the end of February time frame.

Given the date the poll closes, it may be hard for people to vote on a game they haven't had a  chance to play yet.

I guess Gravitic Mines, and Dr. Typo Collection will have to compete against Asteroite next year :)

11 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Jaguar was not included in the Atari homebrew awards for 2021

I really like this initiative, a great way to create a little bit of healthy competition between game developers, as well as between the publishers.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

Well, Gravitic Mines Demo was released 2021.

Do you think it would be fair to let people cast their vote based on a demo?

Personally, I'd rather see that one go up against Asteroite.

Putting the demo on this year's list should disqualify it for competing next year, otherwise you will get 2 chances for that game.

Besides from that, having the software only demo here; the work of the box designer, manual author, and the publisher will not be judged.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 1

James at ZPH has been looking for a Jaguar to use on his streaming show (and has mentioned several times on the show and in the forums if anyone knows of a working and clean looking one he can get), but they are so scarce these days and so priced up that he would have to pay an arm and a leg to do it (and I am guessing the twitch and youtube streams don't quite bring enough $$$ to pay for both maple syrup and a rare Jaguar console).  He's got pretty much everything ready but the console itself.

Perhaps the Jaguar community can help James get one at a "reasonable" price to promote Jaguar homebrews on his show?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, phoboz said:

Do you think it would be fair to let people cast their vote based on a demo?

Personally, I'd rather see that one go up against Asteroite.

Putting the demo on this year's list should disqualify it for competing next year, otherwise you will get 2 chances for that game.

Besides from that, having the software only demo here; the work of the box designer, manual author, and the publisher will not be judged.

The demo would only count for WIP category if there was one.

WIP would also include cool projects like Nitrous and Crescent Memories. 

But, I don't know, I am not so eager on awards competition myself.

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 9:53 AM, littaum said:

James at ZPH has been looking for a Jaguar to use on his streaming show (and has mentioned several times on the show and in the forums if anyone knows of a working and clean looking one he can get), but they are so scarce these days and so priced up that he would have to pay an arm and a leg to do it (and I am guessing the twitch and youtube streams don't quite bring enough $$$ to pay for both maple syrup and a rare Jaguar console).  He's got pretty much everything ready but the console itself.

Perhaps the Jaguar community can help James get one at a "reasonable" price to promote Jaguar homebrews on his show?

614633753_tinyviolin.gif.ac5dbdc552d9700ff32cbfcb3375510f.gif

Maybe they can watch this auction or a few others on ebay. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234399959794?hash=item3693538af2:g:u3YAAOSwy1th9aoJ

Eventually they'll get a good deal.   But it anyone hopes to get a Jaguar for less than $200-$250 they might be a waiting a bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, doctorclu said:

614633753_tinyviolin.gif.ac5dbdc552d9700ff32cbfcb3375510f.gif

Maybe they can watch this auction or a few others on ebay. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/234399959794?hash=item3693538af2:g:u3YAAOSwy1th9aoJ

Eventually they'll get a good deal.   But it anyone hopes to get a Jaguar for less than $200-$250 they might be a waiting a bit.

Seemingly unlikely. Realistically, prices are still increasing. New standard appears to be in the $350-$450 range.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

I am planning to lend James my spare to get him started.

Thanks so much @jgkspsx, really looking forward to it! I've been watching EBay prices and local listings (a ghost town) for something in decent shape and going for a reasonable price to pop up.

- James

• Like 1