Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gunther

Atari Renews Ocean Software Trademark

Recommended Posts

ATARI have renewed Ocean Software's license/trademark.

There's a video for it on You Tube today:

 

 

I'm hoping a Jaguar version of Mister Nuts, and 7800 versions of the Adam's Family and it's sequel.

Good times!

Edited by Gunther
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2022 at 6:26 AM, Gunther said:

ATARI have renewed Ocean Software's license/trademark.

There's a video for it on You Tube today:

 

I'm hoping a Jaguar version of Mister Nuts, and 7800 versions of the Adam's Family and it's sequel.

Good times!

I thought they sold the "Ocean" trademark some years ago. There's currently a classic collection on Steam called "Ocean Classics Volume 1" that's made up of old Ocean titles that Atari SA sold off post-bankruptcy. 

 

Also, the Gamerant article mentions that it was Atari Europe that filed for the trademark, but according to Atari SA's 2018-2019 Annual Financial Report (pg. 49), Atari Europe was rebranded to "Atari Partners". So I'm confused about all of this. 🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bugcatcher88 said:

I thought they sold the "Ocean" trademark some years ago. There's currently a classic collection on Steam called "Ocean Classics Volume 1" that's made up of old Ocean titles that Atari SA sold off post-bankruptcy. 

 

Also, the Gamerant article mentions that it was Atari Europe that filed for the trademark, but according to Atari SA's 2018-2019 Annual Financial Report (pg. 49), Atari Europe was rebranded to "Atari Partners". So I'm confused about all of this. 🤔

I'm confused too.  I'll just let the lawyers figure it all out and enjoy the games that come my way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2022 at 1:00 AM, joeatari1 said:

I'm confused too.  I'll just let the lawyers figure it all out and enjoy the games that come my way.

Target Renegade on the 7800 would be an excellent release.

It could be based on the Spectrum game with the graphics of the C64 version.

2-players simultaneously of course, with Pokey/custom D.S.P, and even an extra level or two.

ATARI could even take the third game and remake a better sequel from it, and hopefully not just release the original mess of a game.

I'd buy those two in a heartbeat if they were on ATARI XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...