IGNORED

IntellivisionRevolution sneak peek 2022

Rev

29 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Is Grail of the Gods based on the community effort posted here before? You might want to look up what it says about copyright claims from the original DarkBASIC source. Not that I think anyone would challenge you on that but better be safe than sorry.

I have official permission for Grail of Gods. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, carlsson said:

Is Grail of the Gods based on the community effort posted here before? You might want to look up what it says about copyright claims from the original DarkBASIC source. Not that I think anyone would challenge you on that but better be safe than sorry.

Is there a general license for code posted on thegamecreators forum? The author posted the code encouraging people to download and compile it.

22 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Is there a general license for code posted on thegamecreators forum? The author posted the code encouraging people to download and compile it.

No idea but I had a faint memory of some non-commercial disclaimer. After looking at the original 2010 thread I can't see it so probably I'm mixing it up with something else. I suppose all code posted on AtariAge with an implicit community release is free to use or improve upon. FWIW it might be a total reimplementation of what Nanochess and us others came up with in 2018.

1 hour ago, carlsson said:

No idea but I had a faint memory of some non-commercial disclaimer. After looking at the original 2010 thread I can't see it so probably I'm mixing it up with something else. I suppose all code posted on AtariAge with an implicit community release is free to use or improve upon. FWIW it might be a total reimplementation of what Nanochess and us others came up with in 2018.

Stackexchange for example has a creativecommons license for everything posted on the site.  Without something like that in place, there is no license/permission to use what's posted other than what might be said or implied in each post.  So yes, it opens it up for dispute.

Edited by mr_me

22 hours ago, Rev said:

Interesting

For anybody who might not know what Quadruple Challenge is, it's a hack to add Reversi to the original Triple Challenge.  Apparently INTV was on the fence about whether to add another 4K of ROM to include Reversi, and there's even code in the original menu to look for Reversi in the ROM and add a fourth menu option if found.

Releasing it in physical form would require adding the 2K RAM that Chess used, so it would have to be made into a JLP cart, with a code rewrite to point to the JLP RAM space instead of where it resided on the original cart.

• Like 2