IGNORED

Is MemXAtari useful?

You ZIP file contains over 130 files or something, including object files, a.out files, and .BAT files. It is totally unclear why your library would be better than existing extended memory libraries. And your "low memory" stuff is ridiculous. It will break in so many instances, just for a few bytes, it's not worth considering. Sorry, it had to be said.

Edited by ivop
  • Like 3

Hehe, I just took a look:

lib_cfg\atarixl_small.cfg:

#Code used for loading MEM.SAV, shouldn't be needed by a cc65  program.
    MEMSAVM_:    file = "memx1.bin", define = yes, start = $15A4, size = $015C, optional = yes;

@Harry Potter you do not really believe what you have been told (that $15A4 is the address of the binary loader in DOS 2.0), nor what you saw yourself with your own eyes (viz. that the program built with these settings, no matter how simple, does not work), right?

• Like 3

Low memory-usage seems to work for me at the cost of the system crashing upon exit.  The mentioned library provides functions to use extended memory almost as if it were regular memory.  It includes functions to access any byte or word in memory and versions of the standard string and memory functions to use extended memory.

For me I can't see any real use especially if a program crashes on exit, that would mean a cold start,

not what you want if your developing something and every time you test it you have to do a cold start.

I also don't understand what your trying to achieve, sorry.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Well, releasing nothing but shit code that doesn't work is one sure fire way of getting it.

Actually, it is. Doing something blatantly against the rules and reason is one sure fire way of getting attention on the internet and otherwise.

This is why, for example, in the academic world any stupid publications are customarily ignored. Otherwise publishing (at own expense) a book containing nonsense would be the best way to get a lot of citations (thus improving its author's Hirsch index), because everyone else would rush to quote the nonsense in order to refute it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3