IGNORED

The Last Starfighter meets Star Trek???

Tempest

I was just playing wiht my Last Starfighter proto for the Atari 400/800 and I swear I saw the strangest thing. I was recharging my sheilds in the sun (as usual) and on the right edge of the screen I swear I saw the Enterprise move quickly out of sight. If it wasn't the Enterprise then it was something white and similar looking. Has anyone else seen this? I haven't been able to do it again.

Also, at the end of the game I had to go up against the Ko-Dan Flagship (which almost kicked my ass three times), but I swear I don't remember this in the 5200 version. Anyone want to fire up the 5200 multi-cart and check for me? If not I'll try it tomorrow. This just may be because I fought the last squadron outside the frontier (those flagships never appear inside the galaxy) but I don't remember the last enemy waiting outside the barrier for me to go and attack it (it never came in the galaxy). Maybe there's some difference between these two versions afterall?

Tempest

Not sure about the flagship thing, but I do recall the Enterprise while recharging, now that you mention it. I think it's a random occurence. If you have to do something to make it happen I couldn't tell you what it is.

• 12 years later...

The statement is redundant. There are no game coders who aren't Trekkies.

And you, I guess have asked every known games programmer known to man, if they are 'trekkies' or not (me thinks not)

Yes, he did. I was there, I saw it.

If they are not Trekkies, they cannot really be game coders. Just wannabe game coders.

:-)

• Like 1

Whoever coded the game must of been a trekkie

All coders had to be Trekkies. It is a requirement for the position. Any one who was not a Trekkie was not allowed to write code except for shareware that they would have to sell themselves.

If it was found out later that they lied about being a Trekkie to get a job as a coder, they were killed by phaser fire. No company wanted to deal with scandal that one of their coders was not a Trekkie. It would have been a public relations nightmare. ;P

All coders had to be Trekkies. It is a requirement for the position. Any one who was not a Trekkie was not allowed to write code except for shareware that they would have to sell themselves.

If it was found out later that they lied about being a Trekkie to get a job as a coder, they were killed by phaser fire. No company wanted to deal with scandal that one of their coders was not a Trekkie. It would have been a public relations nightmare. ;P

I saw it happen. Dude was right there in his chair, pretending to "code" (by definition, a non-trekkie does not "code"). Two Ensign's from security walked up, told the imposter to stand, and phasered dude right there. All of his "keyboard fistings" (the technical term for the false codings of an imposter) were purged from storage. I felt bad for the guy's family; the shame of it.

I saw it happen. Dude was right there in his chair, pretending to "code" (by definition, a non-trekkie does not "code"). Two Ensign's from security walked up, told the imposter to stand, and phasered dude right there. All of his "keyboard fistings" (the technical term for the false codings of an imposter) were purged from storage. I felt bad for the guy's family; the shame of it.

The Red uniform was a giveaway... ;)

• Like 1

People really need to look at the date on the thread before they respond. There's no point in responding to a 12 year old thread.

hey this is retro computing.. time stands still, that's the fun ;)

Shameless plug for the HSC we are about to have a multi-game tournament if anyone wants to join in there is still time to vote if you are quick - everyone welcome to play ;)