IGNORED

TIBASIC Alfie game 3 now available.

MrGonker

hello everyone,its been a while since i was last on here but i have finally finished Alfie game 3 Tomb of the Priestess. its in Ti basic as the previous two. It continues from the last game Zontron27. The game involves Alfie having to rescue the priestess form the tomb in the Alpha Ork sector of Galaxy Central. It follows the same ideas as the previous two of collecting a key to open a door but this time you can not only select SKILL 1 to 3 you can also play each skill with active LASERS meaning there are 6 game variations. In skill 1 with no lasers its very easy to beat but with the lasers involved it does make it harder. Again i kept running out of memory so i had to trim a few things out of it and as a result i wasn't able to include the air tank (which i wanted to add for an extra third possibility to Alfies demise) and some extra nasties to run on screen and steal the key.  You will need to do a NEW and CALL FILES(1) if running with disk attached. Just a word as well, in the last screen though it is a random choice there is a way to see the correct choice. The next Alfie game will be in extended basic as i want to do something different and basic is not fast enough. Anyway download it if you want and let me know if you prefer it to either Alfie 1 or 2. Personally I still prefer Alfie 2, especially the compiled version from TMOP. The disk image is in WIN99A format.

Alfie3 TOMB OF THE PRIESTESS.TIDisk

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

@MrGonker Very nice! Yet another very nice TI Basic game! Clever way to make a game interesting and playable in plain TI Basic.

And yet another game for me test the StrangeCart's Basic interpreter with. I have added a new CALL VSYNC into the Basic of StrangeCart (it is available both when using CALL RUN, i.e. the StrangeCart is running the program, and as an extension to TI Basic). CALL VSYNC hooks the TI's interrupt vector and causes the Basic program to stop for 1/60 seconds (NTSC) or 1/50 seconds (PAL). From TI Basic it's hardly necessary as the code crawls already, but without it huge delay loops would be necessary when StrangeCart is running the program.

Armed with this new command, I modified line 140 as:

140 TD=60/SK

I created a new line 2465:

2465 CALL VSYNC

This modification of TD and line 2465 cause the torch to be lit for one second in 

I also added two new lines, 1105 and 1106 both being CALL VSYNCs. The purpose of all this VSYNCin is to slow down the game so that it becomes somewhat playable. Even with those the game runs a bit fast and the bomb explodes too soon for comfort.

Without those VSYNCs slowing the game down, the bomb explodes after just 2.4 seconds... And when guiding Alfie, he pretty much instantly faces a wall when moving to any direction...

• Like 2