IGNORED

B & C ComputerVisions

Got a quick question about these guys. (They're at www.myatari.com.)

Has anyone bought any of these games from them? I'm particularly interested in Jr. Pac-Man, Super Pac-Man, & Superman III. Are they complete games? Are they any good?

This is what they say they have. I'd appreciate any info on anything listed here.

MYDOS ON CART 4.X XL/XE

SPARTA DOS 3.3C NO DOC'S XL/XE

TRANSLATOR (800 OS ON XL/XE)

ANIMATED PUZZLE CART ONLY

BERZERK (CART ONLY)

DEFLECTOR (CART ONLY)

DEMO XL/XE GAMES CART

KANGAROO 800/CART ONLY

LETTER TUTOR(LIGHT PEN)

PAC MAN JR (CART ONLY)

STARGATE (CART ONLY)

SUPER PAC MAN (CART ONLY)

SUPERMAN III (CART ONLY)

TOWER TOPPLER (CART ONLY)

NEWLY RELEASED CARTRIDGES

AMAZEMAZE 48K

BUMPERS ARCADE 48K

CHECKERS 16K

HEARTS CARD GAME 48K

JAILBREAK 2 TO 4 PLAYERS XL/XE

LIGHTS OUT 1 OR 2 PLAYER PUZZLE 48K

MA JONG XL/XE

MONTANA SOLITAIRE XL/XE

PADDLE PACK PONG XL/XE REQ PADDLES

PADDLE WARS (PONG)REQ PADDLE 48K

PUZZLER 20 DUNGEONS OF PUZZLES 48K

RICOCHET ARCADE XL/XE + REQ PADDLE

ROCKS, 2 PLAYER XL/XE

SHARP SHOOTER XL/XE REQ LIGHT GUN

TWIN PACK GAMES 48K

VIDEO POKER BY H. BROWN 16K

VIDEO SLOTS XL/XE

I've bought alot of Atari XE games from Bruce and the gang at B&C. I've always been impressed with the selection and service (boy does this sound like a paid advertisment or what?)

Off that list I've bought:

Superman III - Very odd game, I guess it could be complete. you just fly around a grid of cities shooting missiles with your eye lasers or cold breath (I don't remember). Not alot of fun from what remember (haven't plugged it in since).

Super Pac-Man - Just like my Atari 5200 proto, this is a spot on Arcade conversion, It's amazing how much like the Arcade it is.

Jr. Pac-Man - Just like the 5200 proto again, almost exactly liek the arcade (ie. very good).

I don't know about Kangaroo, Berzerk, or StarGate but I assume they'd be just like their 5200 counterparts.

Tower Toppler - I heard this is in Black and White for some reason, I'm not sure if it's true or not. I also heard they were just about ready to ship this game before they cancelled it.

Translator - I've got the cart, it's a bit odd. You plug it in, pull it out, then plug in the game you want to play. It works, but sometimes you have problems when you pull the cart out (1 of ever 10 times).

BTW, you do know that those prototypes are just copies right?

Tempest

• 20 years later...

I too have bought quite a bit from Bruce at B&C.  Shipping is fast, packing is great and the items are always as described.  Over the last 30 or so years I've bought a dozen XEGS games.  Lots of parts for repair.    I too never liked Superman III, but it is "Copy of an Original" Atari prototype game.  There are, without looking 35-40 known Atari Proto's out there.  To a collector these are are Gold.  Everyone deserves to have a few of theses.  I may not have bought all these titles from B&C, regarding the loose carts, as I live in Minnesota and I also stared to buy a lot from Lance of Video-61.  However, I do own the following loose carts.

MYDOS ON CART 4.X XL/XE ---------- I believe mine is 4.3 an looks to have come from Best Electronics.

BERZERK (CART ONLY)

DEFLECTOR (CART ONLY)

DEMO XL/XE GAMES CART

KANGAROO 800/CART ONLY

LETTER TUTOR(LIGHT PEN)

PAC MAN JR (CART ONLY)

STARGATE (CART ONLY)

SUPERMAN III (CART ONLY)

I hope you tried a title or two from your list and enjoyed them.  I know this post started 9 months ago but let us here back from you and your experiences too.

Edited by Old Man Atari
I'm a terrible typist and worst a spilling.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Man Atari said:

I too have bought quite a bit from Bruce at B&C.  Shipping is fast, packing is great and the items are always as described.  Over the last 30 or so years I've bought a dozen XEGS games.  Lots of parts for repair.    I too never liked Superman III, but it is "Copy of an Original" Atari prototype game.  There are, without looking 35-40 known Atari Proto's out there.  To a collector these are are Gold.  Everyone deserves to have a few of theses.  I may not have bought all these titles from B&C, regarding the loose carts, as I live in Minnesota and I also stared to buy a lot from Lance of Video-61.  However, I do own the following loose carts.

MYDOS ON CART 4.X XL/XE ---------- I believe mine is 4.3 an looks to have come from Best Electronics.

BERZERK (CART ONLY)

DEFLECTOR (CART ONLY)

DEMO XL/XE GAMES CART

KANGAROO 800/CART ONLY

LETTER TUTOR(LIGHT PEN)

PAC MAN JR (CART ONLY)

STARGATE (CART ONLY)

SUPERMAN III (CART ONLY)

I hope you tried a title or two from your list and enjoyed them.  I know this post started 9 months ago but let us here back from you and your experiences too.

I suspect in the intervening 21 years since the original post the OP has resolved their query ?

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

I wonder if there ever was a true sequel to Star Raiders....................

Time will tell....maybe in the next 20 yrs...

Well, there was the sequel that wasn't a sequel that started life as The Last Starfighter, but since you said a true sequel, I'm assuming you're excluding that one. The sequel that was meant to really follow-up on the original was really far along, but never saw the light of day officially. It was released here on AA a couple of years ago, but I'm sure you're aware of it as well. Other than those two, I'm not aware of anything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

Sorry B, was a bit of a bad joke based on a 21yr old thread that was suddenly updated..

Wasn't expected to be taken seriously..  :)

Was posting as if it's 21rs ago...

Ahhhh, too early in the morning. It sailed completely over my head! I didn't even pay attention that this was a necrothread. Wow, 21 years! That's gotta be some kind of record.

Edited by bfollowell