IGNORED

Free Box of ATARI (mostly) Computer magazines from 1983 to 1988. Several complete years. Free local pickup only.

Verault

I tried selling off lots of these magazines but had very few takers. I have dozens and dozens of Mostly Atari 8 Bit Computer magazines (AS well as Atari ST) from 1983 to 1988. They are free but you need to come take them.

Attached a photo of the box.

The magazines have complete years of Analog Magazine, Compute! Magazine, Antic Magazine, Atari Explorer, and others. I really need to make room. These have been stored indoors and have no mold in a non smoking house. They are in great condition. I just dont have the heart to throw them out.

I listed some of them on ebay you can see a few here, again FREE come take them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194436558016

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194383236791

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203615379933

Again these are just a few of the listings I had up. Too many to list. AGAIN THESE are FREE! I am just trying to avoid throwing these out.

I am located in Western Connecticut on the New York state border. Please reach out if you want them. Id hate to toss them but I have to make room.

I will give it a week or two then they need to get junked so please PM Me.

Big Box Atari mags.jpg

Edited by Verault
changes
  • Like 1

Unfortunately it would cost a fortune to mail and its not worth it. That is why I am hoping someone can come get them all for free. I received all of these (Many dozens of magazines) from a woman whose father was a Die hard Atari PC fan. She was selling his whole collection just to clean out the house. He had a room in the basement dedicated to his computers. He had two systems, and printers, Disk drives Boxes of software. Tons of stuff. The room looked like it was right out of the 1980's with wood paneling. Everything was left how it was since the 80's it was like going back in time. He even had a Mad Magazine from I think 85 in this box dedicated to home computers with a type in BASIC program that prints out Alfred E. Neumans face. The printout is still in the magazine. This guy LOVED this stuff thats why I want to see it go to a good home. My collection is massive and I need to make room so I cannot keep it. IF noone wants it.. Its gotta go to the dump.

Edited by Verault

Just now, Verault said:

Its in the First Post.. Western Connecticut.

Duh I totally missed it.  Ah well I'm 1400 miles from you and already have all those mags, but I would have thrown them in storage just to hang on to them.  Good luck getting rid of them - I'm sure there's someone up there who'd love to take them off your hands.

Did you consider trying local charity shops (in case nobody takes them)? I know some of them here in Europe do collections, and they are worth a few bob. I love old mags dearly, and would hate to see them perish, though I do understand your position. Thanks for making an effort to find them a new home anyway, many people would just toss them in a bin without bothering doing anything else.

Truthfully noone wants them. Libraries wont take them. I Spoke with two museums which specialize in vintage computers.. They said no. They are converting what they have to PDF and getting rid of the actual Print. They dont want them.. The only hope is a collector.

Its only the first day of this post. Hopefully someone will see it soon.

Edited by Verault
  • Sad 1

If I was local I definitely would grab them or if you did decide to media mail them I would be happy to pay it to save them. I would give out any spares at the vintage computer festival midwest. 

But i totally understand not having time to deal with them more. ;)

5 minutes ago, dsullo said:

I live in NJ my brother is in Bristol Ct. both a still probably a hike.  I would love to read a few because I literally just got an Atari 800 xl from best electronics today.  Anyway I hope someone reaches out to grab them 

Hi Chopper Commander. Bristol CT is only about 45 minutes away (CT is a small state). I wouldn't consider that a Hike. I used to live there briefly 25 years ago.

60 miles or about a 90 minute ride from Western Mass. I'd love to make the trek out your way, but I'm suppose to be downsizing not grabbing more stuff. I'm fighting my love for everything Atari at the moment. LOL, Someone please grab these before they end up in a dumpster!  

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...