IGNORED

im looking for a cheap 32k ram expansion

xxx

no good, they charge loads for shipping
First class is not loads.

You put the item in your cart and go to check out and put in your address. You'll get the actual shipping options. If you're just using the estimate, you probably will only get expensive methods

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

First class is not loads.

You put the item in your cart and go to check out and put in your address. You'll get the actual shipping options. If you're just using the estimate, you probably will only get expensive methods

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Plus, we're hobbyists here as well - we can't afford to absorb free shipping on stuff that we might sell.  We already price it more reasonable than you can get on eBay, etc as a community service.  Most of us price near cost plus a little cushion due to fees and to help us get more materials - we're not in it to make money.  :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2022 at 8:17 AM, xxx said:

I thought I'd throw my two cents in here (it's about a buck and a quarter, with inflation).  What was your reason for NOT wanting to mod your console?  Is it just to keep the original integrity of the console, or not wanting to invalidate your console's warranty (the last comment is a joke)?  Don't you have more than one 4A console?  I can totally get, wanting to keep a "stock" console, but these days... it's cool to have a modded 4A, too!  I put a 32K mod into a 4A console, using a couple of chips (I think it was a LS138 something other... forgive me, it's been over 20 years, and the 32K SRAM), and it was fairly easy to do!  There's even a mod to put the Speech Synthesizer inside the console, but that is more involved, and I have several RAVE99 speech adapters to put it in a PEB, if the side car isn't an option... so I would avoid putting those inside the console.  I think someone actually put 32K memory expansion inside of the Speech Synthesizer, but I don't have the instructions for that one.

Anyway, there should be a way to put 32K inside the console, but also have a way to disable it with a switch (and you could wire that to the outside of the console, inside of a box, so as not to drill holes in the computer case).  If you can find the info on putting the 32K inside the Speech Synthesizer, that could be an option for you - assuming you have more than one of those, otherwise... I wouldn't mod it (also, it's a better option, if you could toggle it off and on with a switch)!

• Like 1