IGNORED

Asteroite pre-orders OPEN NOW

Songbird

1 hour ago, vrocko said:

Mine's in St. Paul, MN right now. Maybe I'll get lucky and see it before Monday night at 9 pm! ? Come on USPS! 

Mines there too!  Well as of 3:42 this morning it was, I hope it reaches Detroit tonight. Usually that means my order will be delivered in the morning or the following day at the latest

• Like 2

I'm loving Asteroite so far. (Spoiler tag just in case, but I think I've kept this vague enough:)

Spoiler

I'm maybe one hour in, and so far I've collected seven upgrades and expansions and beat a few bosses.  I think I may have done a couple soft sequence breaks, all by way of the second movement upgrade, but of course I won't really know if they're sequence breaks or intended progression paths until I'm much more familiar with the game.  But just the fact that this game makes me feel like I'm sequence breaking is a big plus for me.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PFG 9000 said:

I'm loving Asteroite so far. (Spoiler tag just in case, but I think I've kept this vague enough:)

Reveal hidden contents

I'm maybe one hour in, and so far I've collected seven upgrades and expansions and beat a few bosses.  I think I may have done a couple soft sequence breaks, all by way of the second movement upgrade, but of course I won't really know if they're sequence breaks or intended progression paths until I'm much more familiar with the game.  But just the fact that this game makes me feel like I'm sequence breaking is a big plus for me.

Spoiler

Yes, there are multiple paths you can take in this game, including seemingly breaking the sequence. After a while you will eventually need to backtrack to retrieve the missing items, or you will spend much more time trying to go along without them. We kept this option, because it adds one additional dimension to the game.

A different kind of challange for you?

Try to reach the end screen with as low completion percentage as possible.

• Like 4

Received mine Friday, played it Saturday. First thing I noticed was phenomenon akin to my 7800s, which seems to have cartridge port too small for 7800 games; they barely fit, require a lot of force, and don't offer feedback when cart is seated, yet 2600 games fit and click perfectly. Asteroite had to be squished into Jag port (didn't try it on 7800, but I'm sure it is way too big!) and didn't want to be seated. After examining cart and port, I tried again, became brave/foolish enough to push hard, and it slammed into place with a thud.

No red screen, so that was good, but game crashed on first level as I was entering tunnel to next room; a few notes of music continued. Hard reboot and played again; this time I was entering a room and kept being immediately attacked my a flying doodad, which kept knocking me backward into door again. After a few times of that, it crashed again, this time playing a longer loop of music.

Thus, I decided it was time to continue working on my vehicle export business in San Andreas.

It should be noted that I've had problems with Brawn/Brains working intermittently on both my Jags; that game loads but, when not working, does not respond to controller input. I've also had weird distorted noise problems playing Phase Zero. An expert said it sounded like my DSPs were going bad, but I thought it odd that it happened to both Jags at once, and that every other game I play has no issues.

I liked what I saw of Asteroite, and sincerely hope I am the sole outlier who will experience any issues.

18 minutes ago, Silver Back said:

My copy was supposed to come Friday but the post office pulled an April fool's on me and it never came. But it's out for delivery according to tracking so I hope to be playing it tonight!  I'm excited and I hope everybody is enjoying their copies!

Mine's coming today and says it's out for delivery. Usually we don't get the mail here until 4 pm so will see what happens. Can't wait!!

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 2:21 PM, Songbird said:

Sorry to hear about the troubles! The game should not crash and should also fit in the normal Jaguar cartridge slot. Try unplugging and replugging the cart. If you still have troubles with it, let me know and I can certainly swap it for a replacement.

I appreciate that. A replacement B&B cart AA sent had same symptoms as first, so I suspect the problem with Asteroite could easily be a hardware issue. My hope in publicly discussing my woes was someone might say "Have you tried herping the derp?" or "Try setting the left difficulty switch on 32 bit, and the right difficulty switch on 64 bit."

• Haha 1