IGNORED

Asteroite pre-orders OPEN NOW

Songbird

5 minutes ago, K3V said:

8a2b00591140103523da278ac4b8ad37.jpg

100% is cool but have you completed it at 54%? emoji848.png

I’ve been optimizing my playthroughs. Have it all mapped out, pretty sure I can get it under 50% emoji846.png

I got close! Have all the bypassable stuff mapped out. Only one missile you can't avoid but I can beat all the bosses, final one included, with the pea shooter so I'll be working on that next :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saturn said:

I got close! Have all the bypassable stuff mapped out. Only one missile you can't avoid but I can beat all the bosses, final one included, with the pea shooter so I'll be working on that next :)

Oh yeah, if I can figure out a strat for one boss in particular I can get that way down. It's a fun challenge!

• Like 1

Got the 3rd slot at 100%! Did this run in an hour and 51 minutes. First to beat it, first to beat it twice, first to beat it 3x on the cart and new world record speed run for one hundred percent :cool:

20220501_200634.thumb.jpg.17396f0e91d300c754090c0ca07007e3.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Saturn said:

Did this run in an hour and 51 minutes

Did anyone attempt a speed-run without the requirement for 100% completion status?

E.g. what is the shortest time someone can reach the end screen?

Can it be done in less than an hour?

Edited by rogneda

10 hours ago, Saturn said:

How do you get past the room with the green liquid and spikes before the boss? Please impart your wisdom. ?

14 hours ago, CommodoreCEO said:

A quick question about the game... There's a room near the final boss and it has that damaging green liquid in it and deadly spikes. How do I get past it without taking significant damage? 

I've tried multiple things but either die on the spikes or in the green liquid. ?

You're most likely missing a powerup.

Spoiler

Try searching the rooms in the lower left part of the map.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Songbird said:

You're most likely missing a powerup.

Reveal hidden contents

Try searching the rooms in the lower left part of the map.

Ok, so I've been back through every single room in the lower left part of the map and I haven't found any other power ups. 

I'm currently sitting at 90% with 31 missiles collected and I have the double jump, ball, bomb, triple shot, cannon shot and bomb/ball shield power ups. I also have the 'damage reduction' power up for the liquids.

Is there another power up that I'm missing? Honestly, I'm going mad going back through all the rooms and I'm seeing nothing. ?

I've attached a picture of the lower left of the map and all those rooms have been explored.

Unless the 'damage reduction' power up for the liquid is the only one I get for that big room leading to the boss? Please someone PM me if you can, as it's honestly driving me mad. Haha!

PXL_20220502_205641552.MP.jpg

29 minutes ago, CommodoreCEO said:

Ok, so I've been back through every single room in the lower left part of the map and I haven't found any other power ups. 

I'm currently sitting at 90% with 31 missiles collected and I have the double jump, ball, bomb, triple shot, cannon shot and bomb/ball shield power ups. I also have the 'damage reduction' power up for the liquids.

Is there another power up that I'm missing? Honestly, I'm going mad going back through all the rooms and I'm seeing nothing. ?

I've attached a picture of the lower left of the map and all those rooms have been explored.

Unless the 'damage reduction' power up for the liquid is the only one I get for that big room leading to the boss? Please someone PM me if you can, as it's honestly driving me mad. Haha!

PXL_20220502_205641552.MP.jpg

I'm driving atm but give me a few minutes and I'll pm ya

• Thanks 1

I’m stuck at the same point. I believe I need the continuous somersault upgrade as it shows this in the manual, but still haven’t found it so I will keep looking. As for the game bugs and freezing, I’ve not had any issues and my cartridge is the original and not v1.4 and my console is a K variant. The game is running just fine and at 88% had no glitches at all. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CommodoreCEO said:

I've now completed the game and 100% too! The continuous somersault power-upnwas a tricky find but thanks need to go to @Saturnfor helping me find it!

Please make a sequel to this game... It was excellent and has occupied all of my available game time recently.

PXL_20220503_213717545.jpg

Nice!:thumbsup:

Yes, please make a sequel

• Like 4

Not much time to play, but I'm currently at 41%. Beaten the "green slime monster boss" this night with my very last piece of life energy left and no missiles. Stupidly enough saved then my game ?

Left the save room to grind somewhere health and missiles, but no spiders around. One hit = Game Over. Took me one our, a beer and probably 30 Game Over screens to make my way back to an earlier save room without being hit by something (the one with the spider cave on the left side) to grind stuff. Ready now to go back (means forward).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, evisu said:

Not much time to play, but I'm currently at 41%. Beaten the "green slime monster boss" this night with my very last piece of life energy left and no missiles. Stupidly enough saved then my game ?

Left the save room to grind somewhere health and missiles, but no spiders around. One hit = Game Over. Took me one our, a beer and probably 30 Game Over screens to make my way back to an earlier save room without being hit by something (the one with the spider cave on the left side) to grind stuff. Ready now to go back (means forward).

My impression is that there are no health or rockets in the sewer and factory rooms, even for the whole second 50% of the game. Is that correct?

Edited by agradeneu

Rat boss spoiler

Spoiler

Lead him back to the ledge where you entered the room all the way at the left of the arena. Stay on the ledge far to the left where the entrance is. He'll run toward you, turn and walk away a little but still be on screen. Move close to the edge of the ledge, jump and shoot. Some diagonal fire will hit him. Run back to the entrance (have to be quick or he'll run at you then run all the way to the other end of the arena) and wait for him to walk away the little bit. Repeat until he's toast.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, K3V said:

Would be curious to hear your strat for the “predator” boss using only the pea shooter…

Well, first you have to coat yourself with some jungle mud.  Then fashion a few primitive spears and bows.  Then drop your firearms and he'll challenge you to mano e mano combat.  Finally, lure him under the counterweight to your traps and drop it on him.  Just be ready to run if he starts laughing. 

• Haha 6

Hey, everyone! We're going to resume shipping with the V1.4 ROM. This version fixes the "K model crashes" (which were really software bugs related to uninitialized variables) along with the victory screen corruption experienced by a few customers. You can tell if you have the V1.4 ROM by seeing if V1.4 is displayed on the bottom center of the title screen.

If you'd like to swap your cartridge for a complimentary replacement cartridge, please follow the instructions in the first post of this thread.

Thanks to all of our testers who helped with the validation of the new ROM, and to everyone for being patient while we worked through this issue!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5