IGNORED

The Japanese Atari Jaguar

Gedalya

It's not that often I feel compelled to open a unit to clean it but this is a good example of one that needed a good cleaning. I found though that this unit does not in fact have the TV port on the back far right; it is missing/removed and there is no opening in the case. In one of the pictures you can see what appears to be the outline of the TV Port component, ostensibly removed.

IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2946.jpg

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, sirlynxalot said:

Does that mean Japan Jaguars came with the AV cable instead of the RF unit? I'd say I'm jealous except for the fact that it must have been extremely frustrating to find and buy games if you were a Japanese jaguar fan.

Yes that is the case. In fact it appears they just dropped the retail version in the box, see photo:

IMG_2963.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phoenixdownita said:

@Gedalya
what is

image.png.0838e97645f49d02b987ffe9dd5ed108.png

all about?

"Good Work ATARI"  is that the sentence?

I'll try and scan some of this; the inch binding will be a challenge though. The are really great though; one of them has maps for Wolfenstein and Aliens vs Predator, guides, and even a page with a photo of the Jag Duo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cubanismo said:

I've gotta wonder how many readers a Japanese Jaguar fanzine would have had. Did it come with the Jaguar unit, or did wherever you got this from just throw it in?

I purchased this off eBay and those came with it. Interestingly, I have family in Japan and had asked them to keep an eye out for one, as my brother goes by game shops off and on; he never did see one.

Here is a photo of the power adapter for the Japanese Atari Jaguar. This has the same output as the US counterpart; am I mistaken or can I not use the US counterpart in place of this? I'm not sure if the polarity is the same as I'm not sure out to read those symbols. There is a thread here on the AtariAge forums for the Jaguar Power Supply that refers to the output as Center Negative; is that a polarity reference?

694894280_IMG_2938(1).thumb.jpg.ba0c9a61c7aeac25fbb24c9cc17a0927.jpg