IGNORED

When was the last OS update?

SoCalAttorney

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, marss said:

The new update is live? 

I’ve currently got my VCS installing the new update at the moment but I’m getting nervous now as it’s been stuck at installing updates 2/4 for 15 mins so far lol.

Looks like it’s now updated! The profile bio’s are a nice touch will need to find out what else is new. 

Edited by Atari_JaguarVCS

27 minutes ago, Leonard Smith said:

Exactly the thing that's happening on the Xbox version of Black Widow since Sunday!

It’s such a strange problem. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Recharged games again and also changed controllers etc and no luck these games are now broken. I was thinking about deleting the game saves to see if that somehow will resolve the issue but I’ll hold off and see if Atari get these games patched up to work again, don’t feel like doing all the challenges again so I’ll hold on to my save data for now lol. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

It’s such a strange problem. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Recharged games again and also changed controllers etc and no luck these games are now broken. I was thinking about deleting the game saves to see if that somehow will resolve the issue but I’ll hold off and see if Atari get these games patched up to work again, don’t feel like doing all the challenges again so I’ll hold on to my save data for now lol. 

I did the delete/reinstall last night and no improvement.  I doubt the save game file would change things, but who knows.  

I wonder if the developers went out of business suddenly?

31 minutes ago, Leonard Smith said:

What's even weirder is that it's a cross platform issue.  Same issue on completely different consoles. 

Interesting, wonder if a subset of Recharged game versions were looking for the OS leaderboards or something prior to today, maybe some testing thing that went wrong. Good thing about bugs that affect a lot of people is they will likely get fixed pretty quick.

1 hour ago, Mockduck said:

Interesting, wonder if a subset of Recharged game versions were looking for the OS leaderboards or something prior to today, maybe some testing thing that went wrong. Good thing about bugs that affect a lot of people is they will likely get fixed pretty quick.

That is an interesting theory although it wouldn't explain the issues seen on the XBox versions, I don't think, since they have had leaderboards all along.

It updated okay for me. The only major issue I noticed is that the titles of games on the tiles seems to be grabbing a primary color from the tile to use for the text with some interesting results.

I did verify that the Recharged games continue to work fine for me.

vcs-screen.jpg

• Like 4

On 3/17/2022 at 3:17 PM, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Looks like the new update has broken the Recharged games for me, all of them, I can’t get past the press to play button screen and there is now no A box on the screen. 

Looks like there are still a lot of problems with Updating. This is the reason, why I sold mine.

14 minutes ago, bugcatcher88 said:

The sleep function now resets the console. Is this the same for everyone else?

Yes, I have this issue too.  The VCS waits a few seconds and then wakes up again.  Although, it doesn't do it all the time.  Atari is aware of the issue but it wouldn't hurt to put in a ticket with them or submit an Airtable form as well.  In the meantime, set your sleep timer to 15 minutes and it will go to sleep by itself if you leave it idle.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 2:59 PM, SabertoothRetro said:

There was another OS update pushed today. This one took about 5-7 minutes. It's not clear what changes were implemented and there were no release notes.

I was hoping the font colors would revert to white. Alas....

I'm curious what changes were made. The system resetting after telling it to sleep hasn't been corrected.