IGNORED

Jumping At Shadows - WIP Platform Game from Reboot-Games

CyranoJ

18 hours ago, LordKraken said:

I already said that on the discord, but this already looks legendary! Seeing a very modern 2d games on the jag gives me the chill!

Yeah, no kidding! When I saw this on YouTube, I couldn't believe it was a Jaguar game, given that the art style is very modern. It reminded me of those pixel art indie titles on PSN, Switch and PC. Looks pretty damn good!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Buffalo Biff Burgertime said:

Interesting tunes, is that a song we can expect to hear in the final game?

I ask because the song gives what I'm looking at a fun personality that's different from the usual techno I associate with Jag games. It really fits the shadow theme well.

Yes, we have licensed a bunch of tracks from Roald Strauss for exclusive platform use in this game, and this is one of them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MetalKnuckles said:

Fully agree agradeneu. As you say, it is impossible to please everyone and there are many hardcore gamers out there looking for old school difficulty in a homebrew. Especially as games got too easy nowadays. I certainly would not think less of a game and all the high quality work behind it because of that. I just like to know what to expect before I decide to purchase a game, as we do not always have the possibility to wait for reviews. And I know I am the type of gamer that easily gives up if I struggle to get past level 1 after 1h!

+1 ?

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 3:49 AM, CyranoJ said:

Featuring:
- Fluid 60fps (Reboot accepts no less!)
- Fullscreen 3 layer parallax scrolling
- CRY lighting and transparency effects

- Story line by Andrew Rosa

- Lots and lots of animation!

It looks really cool. Congrats on the new project!
Among all the nonsense and promises I usually read in the Jaguar forums, you are the guys who keep the system alive and always have interesting games being developed, completed AND released.
Thanks.

• Like 6

Glad to see you making more and more games for this wonderful platform.  This game looks really good and from the video looks to control well. I think adding a 3 or 4 segment life bar to the hero would help make the game more accessible.  I know it helps me enjoy Cyber Shadow (Nintendo Switch) more. 

At 1:14 hero goes though platform, was that due to pressing down and jump?

I bought and played Last Strike and felt it was too hard. Rebooteroids was much better balanced.  Only at the highest levels did Rebooteroids become too hard.  Rebooteroids benefits from having an insanely good replayability, music, control, etc. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, grips03 said:

I bought and played Last Strike and I felt it was too hard. Rebooteroids was much better balanced.  Only at the highest levels did Rebooteroids become too hard.  Rebooteroids benefits from having an insanely good replayability, music, control, etc. 

I was able to get to about level 50 on Rebooteroids, and only make it to level 12 or so on skirmish mode. Last Strike is kind of a piece of cake once you memorize enemy positions to destroy before they can fire, and take Skylar's advice to heart and Avoid the Ground. LS can also be made easier with shot/speed/shield upgrades.

Ah, the vagaries of honing a game's difficulties! I'm glad I'm a consumer and not a producer!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

If that’s not a back of the box blurb I don’t know what is.

Reboot should see how many PCBs they can smear in an hour, then try to break that record.

(Unfortunately, it would probably work better in ad about the Reboot lineup since it’s not game-specific, but, um, “solid” marketing instincts!)

Okay you guys cut it out! I can't keep up!!!!! I pre-ordered Gravitic Mines and another Jag game I had to have. I want to get Last Strike, I love SCHMUPS and have bunch from the 90's, now I see this one you're working on. I'm going to either run out of money or time to play, probably be money first! Not that I want you stop, oh no!! Keep making games. I wish you could have done this when the Jag first came out. Maybe it would have lasted longer and more companies would have got on board to make more games. It just shows what the Jag can do and how it could have been back in the day. I'm more excited for these retro games on the old systems than for any of the new games on the new systems. Reminds me of the 70's and 80's. So many games, so little money. Ah those were the days! ?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update :)

**Accidentally deleted this** will post another one :)

Quite a bit of new stuff "under the hood" including making level design a much less painful process.

Destructible objects (some with bullets/bombs, others with bombs only)

Additive CRY masked objects (The lamp)

Pick up items (the gem)

Deadly platforms

More animated tiles

Other stuff!

Still very much a WIP, but coming along very nicely and smoothly. 

Please note my 'shove everything at the start' test map does not represent level design in any way, LOL.

More as and when.

• Like 13