Jump to content
CyranoJ

Jumping At Shadows - WIP Platform Game from Reboot-Games

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, grips03 said:

Are you making [Atari Jaguar] Dragon Breed game too.  I saw on your Youtube channel.

Already done: 



Please keep this thread on-topic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After finally getting some stuff working yesterday I uploaded a video in haste and happiness .. however not all was right, and something lurked in the shadows.

 

For you see, this is not a standing lamp, its actually a hanging lamp:

unknown.png   unknown.png

 

Ooops! LOL.

 

Anyway, here's another video from today showing slightly more progress!  Yes, there's a bullet glitch at the end, blah blah blah, we'll get there :)
 

 

We today have out first complete, working level :)

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

The shadow and highlight mode on the sega genesis is crying itself to sleep tonight.  That looks so good!

heheh, thanks!

We have more, but saving them for a bar/club lol ...

 

colours!.png.8c7d0b1c09bc115137c857c9d8c7f590.png

  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked out the Tech Build demo video. 

 

Art direction is simply gorgeous 😍

 

Game wouldn't look out of place on likes of XBLA and PSN. 

 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice looking and great progress. I love the art design which nicely makes use of the effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, looks very nice, especially the lighting effects.

 

By the way, for the lamps, how about using a wedge shape with soft edges instead of a cylinder? I think it would look more natural:

image.png.5fe444b2b9ead59b2ae6ad9a1e32b92e.png 

(note: this is simulated with Paint Shop Pro, so the real effect will not look exactly the same)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zerosquare said:

Yes, looks very nice, especially the lighting effects.

 

By the way, for the lamps, how about using a wedge shape with soft edges instead of a cylinder? I think it would look more natural:

image.png.5fe444b2b9ead59b2ae6ad9a1e32b92e.png 

(note: this is simulated with Paint Shop Pro, so the real effect will not look exactly the same)

We could try this but it would be a bigger sprite. Especially if you want it to spread wider. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must say that I love what you do here (even if you sometimes see me as your rival now). Your game has a quite unique look to it, and I hope it will also be fun to play.

 

On the lamp, have you considered having an interactive, animated lamp?

For example if you hit it, it will swing back and forth for a while, including the area it lights up?

This would give a very dynamic feel to the environment.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks :)

 

Everything is up for consideration. Not everything will make it.

 

And nope, I don't see you as a rival at all.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sory but there is no need for any of this stupid 'rivalry' shite, from anyone.

Doesn't help anything or matter in the long run.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is that the lighting lamp a hardware effects?

it looks cool and I first time I see practical use of that OP mixing colors  (I guess)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cyprian said:

is that the lighting lamp a hardware effects?

it looks cool and I first time I see practical use of that OP mixing colors  (I guess)

I am guessing it is, that's why I think it's so cool. @CyranoJ is the one that can give the proper answer. 

 

It's only the Blitter that can do that, and it's a challange to use that (a lot) in real-time, so that's why I also wonder if that could be used as an animated effect (e.g. done in real-time). I understand it's already done on the lit up area around the main character.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, phoboz said:

It's only the Blitter that can do that, and it's a challange to use that (a lot) in real-time, so that's why I also wonder if that could be used as an animated effect (e.g. done in real-time). I understand it's already done on the lit up area around the main character.

I'm not using the blitter at all yet...

 

The lighting is being done using RMW/CRY.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, phoboz said:

I am guessing it is, that's why I think it's so cool. @CyranoJ is the one that can give the proper answer. 

 

It's only the Blitter that can do that, and it's a challange to use that (a lot) in real-time, so that's why I also wonder if that could be used as an animated effect (e.g. done in real-time). I understand it's already done on the lit up area around the main character.

Actually the light is an animated sprite, there can be other animations and colors depending on art direction.

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cyprian said:

is that the lighting lamp a hardware effects?

it looks cool and I first time I see practical use of that OP mixing colors  (I guess)

It was already used in Kobayashi Maru and Rebooteroids. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

April progress!

 

Lots and lots of new stuff.  Coming along really well. 

 

Enjoy the show!

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Level starts at 0:52.

 

New stuff: - Revamped Dash mechanics with visual feedback

                - new tileset

                - new backdrop

                 - 2 new robots: big "mech suit" (Big Sprite!) and "super bounce bot" (the 3rd new robot is not in the video)

                 - new laser trap

                 - more music and sound FX

 

- Current build has 12 levels playable

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking great!  I love how he mechanics work.  Double jump and dash are things we take for granted in platformers today and it looks like you nailed them.  Keep up the good work.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...