IGNORED

Question about undumped 7800 roms

n2locarz

Here is the deal more less,

The games have all been dumped as far as we know with the exception of the Protos still left to discover. The problem is that all the Activision games such as Rampage and Double Dragon all use a bankswitching technique on the 7800 that hasn't been emplemented into the 7800 emu yet. As for protection..that is a mute point as it can be gotten around in emulation. You can also get around it in an actual 7800 but it requires a new bios to be installed (Think a Mod chip for the 7800). I digress...

The games that do not work either do nothing at all...(Most of them...) or only show a title screen and then lock (Such as Xenophobe). Tower toppler may be extra difficult as it uses some video trickery to pull off the psuedo 3D effect that is used in that game although I am not sure about that one.

As for Pitfighter...it is being dumped...but I do not know whether it will work in the emulator or not. We won't know until the dump has been done. According to Tempest the version he saw at the Philly Classic wasn't anything to write home about. He in fact thought it might look more like a Double Dragon proto, anything but Pitfighter.

I hope this answers your questions?

If not I or any others will be glad to help if we can.

CB_Sig.gif

First off, nice site! I love the complete info of all the games. Everything is clean and easy to find. My question is about the undumped 7800 games. I noticed that Double Dragon among others is not dumped. I located a copy for $40. I read thru some posts and Crossbow (I'm sure others too) has this cart already. Is there a problem or some protection in the carts? Also the Pitfighter cart scan looks cool! Has anyone played it? I loved the 7800 but never had the $$ to buy one back in the day.

I have heard that some games will not playable on the Emulator yet. But I hope it will work in the future.

I will play Tower Toppler. I have it as NTSC, but on my PAL 7800er it will not work so good. The graphic looks so bad, that I see no walls. And then its hard to play. I hope that it will work soon on Emulator.

Matthias