IGNORED

News Lynx games The Viking Trilogy

rygar

I'm really sorry I didn't make more kits.
But I did this alone at home and it took me a very long time and investment to make these 15 boxes.
I understand that some people are disappointed not to be able to try the number 1, so I'll clarify one thing, at the beginning there was to be only one game, Protect the love, with a woman as a character, but as I had a lot of fun making this game I decided to make the second one with this time a man as a character, Save the love.  
Then I wanted to produce alone a small box with these games but the price was increasing a lot as I was adding stuffs in the box so to justify the price I decided to make another game in a little different style (black and white) whose purpose was to motivate people to buy the box and justify the price.
There is no continuity in the story, each game is a complete game.

Don't blame me for only making 15 copies, I understand now that it was a bad idea to limit the production of a game. But I really didn't imagine that more than 15 people would be interested.
In the future if I do other actions like this I will only make small differences between the normal games and the limited versions.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, rygar said:

I'm really sorry I didn't make more kits.
But I did this alone at home and it took me a very long time and investment to make these 15 boxes.
I understand that some people are disappointed not to be able to try the number 1, so I'll clarify one thing, at the beginning there was to be only one game, Protect the love, with a woman as a character, but as I had a lot of fun making this game I decided to make the second one with this time a man as a character, Save the love.  
Then I wanted to produce alone a small box with these games but the price was increasing a lot as I was adding stuffs in the box so to justify the price I decided to make another game in a little different style (black and white) whose purpose was to motivate people to buy the box and justify the price.
There is no continuity in the story, each game is a complete game.

Don't blame me for only making 15 copies, I understand now that it was a bad idea to limit the production of a game. But I really didn't imagine that more than 15 people would be interested.
In the future if I do other actions like this I will only make small differences between the normal games and the limited versions.

Hi Rygar

I believe that you should not apologize, I value the effort and love you have put into your project, in addition, the limited editions are ... limited editions  ?

Regards

• Like 1

The creator of work gets to decide what to do with it, and that’s that. It seems a bit strange that Yastuna Games is publishing only two of the three games as unlimited editions, is all. If making the first game unobtainable is an artistic choice, it is unclear what it means. Maybe it will make sense later.

Just to be clear, here is my position:

Rygar started to toy with the game kit creator I released as beta last year.

He made some prototypes, and asked me how he could release it.

I offered to help him either by publishing them, either by help him with production.

Finally, as Rygar said, he made 2 full games
Both are independant, with a beginning and an end, there is not a story where you need to complete one to play the other one (remember, this is a bit like Ynxa, but with only 1 character, and you do not unlock power-up, you have all your abilities from the start).

We finally agreed on the fact he will sell them in a bundle (I just flashed the PCB & built the carts), and that after he sells his production, he will let me sell them as Flash on Demand as a kind of reward for the tool.

While working on games and packaging, he created a third game because he had other level design ideas, and decided to keep it as an exclusive and incentive for the limited release.

I you ask me as a publisher, of course I'd prefer to have 3 new games in catalog instead of 2, but I understand Rygar's argument.

11 people paid over than 100€ for having these limited release, maybe some of them would not have pay if they knew all 3 games would be available in a near future for a lower price.

So changing the rules after the sale would not be fair...

By the way, I am working on the Flash on Demand release, note there is no mention of numbers on the stickers (and some other stickers are still work in progress ; )...

image.thumb.png.9d9da658c93f64dabd22065132423708.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

For the moment I'll finish the shipping of the boxes, then I'll have a clearer head to think.

An idea that could be interesting too would be to release a color version of the first episode.
It wouldn't take much work and the limited edition copy would still be unique.

But whether it's this solution or another one I wouldn't do anything without the agreement of all the buyers of the boxes.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Very cool!  I look forward to checking out the games. 

Yes if game #1 becomes available, i am interested in buying all three.  Makes no sense to just buy 2 & 3. 

Boxed releases with manuals would be amazing, or even just cart/manual. 

Again, please reread his post.  Games 2 and 3 are completely individual games.  You don't need 1 to play 2 and 3.

• Like 1

I hope the box won't end soon on Ebay, Rygar intended this for collectors, not for speculator, and probably did not think there would be 15 person interested in these boxes in less than 1 day (remember my best Lyns selling game is around 60 units at a cheaper price in many months).

Back to Yastuna releases of "Vikings Saga - Protect the Love" and "Vikings Saga - Save the Love".

I just received the correct stickers this morning (previous print had many defaults), so release is expected soon, just waiting for the boxes+booklets (expected shipment date is 03/15), because yes, there will be a boxed option.

Each game on Flash on Demand will have a 20€ price target

While both games + packaging will be at 45€ (I ordered 45 boxes for the first run which should be enough I guess)

I will open the presales soon, just need to make some photos and 3D visual mockups for the box.

• Like 1

Sales open at 2PM Paris Time, so in less than 2 hours.

For a limited time: grab at least 2 of theses products, with a minimum basket of 100€ and get a discount of 10€ :

- Asteroids Chasers (Lynx)

- Asteroids Chasers Deluxe (Lynx) - very limited stock

- Raid on TriCity Second Wave

- Vikings Saga

- Ynxa

- Ynxa Deluxe

- Atari Lynx Special Offer - Regular Edition (Asteroids Chasers + Raid on TriCity 2nd Wave + Yastuna 1 + Yastuna 2)

- Atari Lynx Special Offer - Deluxe Edition (Asteroids Chasers Deluxe + Raid on TriCity 2nd Wave + Yastuna 1 + Yastuna 2) - very limited stock

Coupon code is YASTUNALYNX, the system should propose it to you if all conditions are cleared.

Edited by Fadest
  • Like 1