IGNORED

Pe-Box Intensity

5 minutes ago, humeur said:

I am looking for intensity  in Ampere       No power          power is    P=U*I

electromotive    in french is  électromotrice  it's more for engines     is not Ampere

You want to know the maximum amp rating of the PSU?

Since Amp are pulled it depends on what is presently plugged into the PEB and drawing power. If you're planning a PSU replacement, there are many possibilities.

8 minutes ago, humeur said:

I am looking for intensity  in Ampere       No power          power is    P=U*I

electromotive    in french is  électromotrice  it's more for engines     is not Ampere

En Anglais on dit   "current", measurer en Ampere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The rectifier diodes for the +8V supply are rated at 3A.

The rectifier diodes for the +/-16V supplies are rated at 1A.

But the transformer may not be capable of supplying this amount of power.

The +12V regulator is rated at 1A.

The +5V regulator is rated at 1A.

The PEB spec gives the following guide for the maximum load a card should present:

-- 250mA on the +16V supply.

-- 500mA on the +8V supply.

-- 30mA on the -16V supply.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, apersson850 said:

OK, current then. There is more than one voltage, so there is more than one max current. Any particular, or do you need all? For what purpose are you asking?

I just wanted to know the characteristics of the PEBOX power supply.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

The rectifier diodes for the +8V supply are rated at 3A.

The rectifier diodes for the +/-16V supplies are rated at 1A.

But the transformer may not be capable of supplying this amount of power.

The +12V regulator is rated at 1A.

The +5V regulator is rated at 1A.

The PEB spec gives the following guide for the maximum load a card should present:

-- 250mA on the +16V supply.

-- 500mA on the +8V supply.

-- 30mA on the -16V supply.

Thank  I'm surprised I thought more.

• Like 1

With the usual TI Flex, 32k, RS232 and Floppy Controller, the PEB 12v supply would sag a bit if I also had two half-height floppy drives in there. Had to be low-power drives to be reliable with two, so I just have a single drive in there nowadays. Don't want any smoldering in my PEB!

smolderingintensity.gif

Edited by Ed in SoDak
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ed in SoDak said:

With the usual TI Flex, 32k, RS232 and Floppy Controller, the PEB 12v supply would sag a bit if I also had two half-height floppy drives in there. Had to be low-power drives to be reliable with two, so I just have a single drive in there nowadays. Don't want any smoldering in my PEB!

smolderingintensity.gif

I have the Flex cable interface, RS232 card, 32 K memory expansion, P-code card, real time clock card, IO-card, RAMdisk, disk controller and two 5.25 inch floppy disk drives. This with the original power supply. That's no problem at all.

1 hour ago, apersson850 said:

I have the Flex cable interface, RS232 card, 32 K memory expansion, P-code card, real time clock card, IO-card, RAMdisk, disk controller and two 5.25 inch floppy disk drives. This with the original power supply. That's no problem at all.

I'm looking to replace the power supply in a 110 volt pebox, I don't want to put a pc power supply, so I'm looking for another solution that guarantees the normal operation of the regulators that are on the 7812 7805 cards. .. you have to make a difference about 3 volts between the regulation and the input which does not exist with a pc power supply.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, humeur said:

I just wanted to know the characteristics of the PEBOX power supply.

Ah, I see. So this wasn't true, then. You do have a purpose with your questions.

I have read that some people put in a regulated supply in the box, and removed the regulators from the cards. You just have to be careful not to insert the cards in a standard box then.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, apersson850 said:

Ah, I see. So this wasn't true, then. You do have a purpose with your questions.

I have read that some people put in a regulated supply in the box, and removed the regulators from the cards. You just have to be careful not to insert the cards in a standard box then.

Why ask questions if there is no purpose.

It is not a solution to remove the regulators even a stupidity,if one day there is a sale of the equipment, the one who buys will have a nice surprise

On the other hand it is certain that it is easier to carry out, but to put a pc power supply which will be able to debit 5 Volts 30 A what is the use for a TI.

14 hours ago, humeur said:

Thank  I'm surprised I thought more.

The original P-Box power supply was somewhat limiting.

I've gotten the impression that replacing the 5v and 12v regulators with higher-current ones was a somewhat common modification, though I could be wrong.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JB said:

The original P-Box power supply was somewhat limiting.

I've gotten the impression that replacing the 5v and 12v regulators with higher-current ones was a somewhat common modification, though I could be wrong.

the problem is the overheating of the regulators on the cards, to reduce this you have to reduce the voltage at the input of these regulators, you need a difference of 3 volts between the input and the output of this type of regulator, except that the power supply of the PEBOX is much higher than the theoretical 16 volts or even more with little load. Texas had planned for solid

• Like 1