IGNORED

Atari 5200 Pam Salt 1.1 Question

INTVCruise

Hello everyone, I received this cartridge in a lot of games. The shell was black and had no glue residue so I had a hunch it might be a prototype of some sorts. I tried to start it up but it doesn't seem to be working. I opened the cart to confirm that it is indeed a test cartridge, diagnostic V1.1, which has been documented on the Atariproto website. The handwriting on the right sticker seems to match that of the photograph on the website. My question is do I need to be using a certain type of Atari to get this to boot? I have many 2 port and atleast 1 4 port 5200 that are confirmed to be working. No matter what I have tried I can only get a green screen. If it is indeed broken in some way, would it be possible to send off and have the contents restored? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you to all. 

I have included some pics below. 

green 3.jpg

green 2.jpg

green 1.jpg

9 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Don't these require the joystick loopback board to work?

Nope... you only need that part when going through the Pokey calibration portion. But the graphic tests etc... can be done with out the loopback. I actually use the 1.1 for much of my 5200 diagnostics. My guess is that one of those chips might be corrupted. I'm not sure if they can be UV erased and reprogrammed but even if they could, it would require removing the original labels off so you can access the windows to try and erase them. Might be best to remove them and try to get them dumped for comparisons and then install sockets to put new chips that are programmed in there if you wanted to use it for its intended purpose.

• Like 1