IGNORED

Fujinet out of stock

dsullo

52 minutes ago, dsullo said:

Everyone is telling me to get a fujinet for my 800xl 

seems they are OOS on https://fujinet.online

anyone know if they restock often?

I restock when I have time to build them. you can sign up to get an email when they are available on the product page after selecting which style you want https://fujinet.online/shop/hardware/fujinet-1-6/

You can also check the other vendors like brewing academy or vintage computer center

• Like 1

Monitor here. Gavin also makes the v1.6x eXternal, with an external antenna, in case you need the extra range.

It seems like it's rare that Gavin isn't starting a new batch. He makes them, then sells, when he sells out, it's rarely more than a week before he's posting that he's working on more. They sell out quickly though, so you need to monitor daily at least.

Edited by bfollowell

4 hours ago, bfollowell said:

Monitor here. Gavin also makes the v1.6x eXternal, with an external antenna, in case you need the extra range.

It seems like it's rare that Gavin isn't starting a new batch. He makes them, then sells, when he sells out, it's rarely more than a week before he's posting that he's working on more. They sell out quickly though, so you need to monitor daily at least.

On the Galvin website to order there are 3 options 

I assume I should select XL because I have and Atari 800 xl they first and third option are just Yes or No but I am not sure what those options are for?

E5AA8158-A9F1-405A-BDDE-3770FCCDD164.png

@dsullo

1.6 external

MicroSD card? Yes/No

Case Style? 400/800/XL/XE

Orange color? Yes/No

case style

micro sd card

translucent print material used for the case..

color natural to the system or orange.

Edited by _The Doctor__

10 hours ago, dsullo said:

On the Galvin website to order there are 3 options 

I assume I should select XL because I have and Atari 800 xl they first and third option are just Yes or No but I am not sure what those options are for?

last question is what should be used to power the device?

It seems like the text is white and can't be seen or something odd like that. If you press control-A, all the text on the page will be highlighted and you'll be able to see the options. I'm not sure what is going on there but we should probably tell Gavin so that he can correct it.

As far as 400/800, XL, XE, no, this is only the case styling and you can get any that you prefer. All the FNs of a certain model/version are identical, it's just the cases or lack of case that makes them different.

As far as power, if you're using out anything but a 40/800, it is powered by the SIO port. You do have to provide power with a 400/800, but only with those two machines.

I think others have answered all of your questions.

Edited by bfollowell

@Gavin1968 just posted in the FujiNet FB group that he has FN available now. I just checked and, as of two minutes ago, he had 29 regular FN 1.6 and 10 FN 1.6x eXternals available. Move quick, they won't last.

https://www.vintagecomputercenter.com/fujinet

Edited by bfollowell
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, bfollowell said:

@Gavin1968 just posted in the FujiNet FB group that he has FN available now. I just checked and, as of two minutes ago, he had 29 regular FN 1.6 and 10 FN 1.6x eXternals available. Move quick, they won't last.

https://www.vintagecomputercenter.com/fujinet

Thanks for the heads up.  Mine is ordered.  Only 14 left as of 1600 CDT.

• Like 1

I ordered Sunday evening, and it was delivered yesterday (Wednesday).  I'm super impressed with the build quality.  Kudos to VCC -- and the USPS (for fast delivery.)  Our mail delivery has been really prompt recently! And I should include the docs and information available!  I have so much to learn about it.

On 2/17/2022 at 10:04 AM, Larry said:

I ordered Sunday evening, and it was delivered yesterday (Wednesday).  I'm super impressed with the build quality.  Kudos to VCC -- and the USPS (for fast delivery.)  Our mail delivery has been really prompt recently! And I should include the docs and information available!  I have so much to learn about it.

Got mine today and it is truly magnificent