IGNORED

Would David Crane's, A Boy And His Blob and its sequel, have been 7800 games?

Gunther

31 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I remember being very interested in this game, but not actually liking it.  It was weird, like I'd rent it again, knowing that I didn't have fun "last time," but still wanted to give it another shot.

But yeah, I didn't like it much on NES.   However, I bought the Wii version/remake and loved it.   

I would say that it has a charm that draws me to it (and the GB and Wii versions even). I don't love it, but it has endeared itself to me enough that I couldn't part with it easily.

Facebook post regarding the games:

Facebook Post regarding the games:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/673569859346946/permalink/4833354406701783/?m_entstream_source=feed_mobile

Although this isn't a confirmed figure (although it's the best I can find so far) the N.E.S version sold roughly 300K copies, so a 7800 could have theoretically sold more copies if the 1-million 7800 consoles figure is accurate.

If this information is wrong then all are welcome to refute it with facts and evidence.

They're so 'niche', and 'obscure' that Limited Run Games has completely sold-out of every retail edition of these games...

Edited by Gunther

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Gunther said:

Limited Run Games are currently listing ATARI XP's upcoming 2600 games.

Interesting times.

Saboteur looks ok. Yars and the other game look horrible. Original Yars has never been improved. 

20 hours ago, Jinks said:

Saboteur looks ok. Yars and the other game look horrible. Original Yars has never been improved. 

Aquaventure is actually pretty cool and it along with Yars Return is what I ordered during the initial pre-order last year. Aquaventure actually plays very similar to the Vectrex homebrew release called Big Blue although it was Big Blue I played first before checking out the Aquaventure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhomaios said:

What do these have to do with ABAHB or the 7800, though?

The music in those videos, same each time, is really annoying, and that presentation really is a mismatch with the games. I can't see those videos being effective at selling those games.

100% agreed!
Awful soundtrack.  Probably composed by that Megan McHipster whose tracks ruined games like Black Widow and Centipede Recharged.

Edited by Leonard Smith
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/15/2022 at 8:19 PM, Leonard Smith said:

100% agreed!
Awful soundtrack.  Probably composed by that Megan McHipster whose tracks ruined games like Black Widow and Centipede Recharged.

So; the Recharged Series turned-out to be quite successful, dude...

Quantum, Caverns Of Mars, Yars, Gravitar, and more coming; ATARI really shouldn't have wasted their time, what with all their original and re-imagined games on the way too.

Jaguar emulation?

"You have got to be joking!", they said.

"You'll never be able to play *every* Jaguar game, let alone use modern V.R head-sets, play online and lan, upscale to 1080p, and script the games to run correctly at high frame-rates, amongst other features."

Winning!

Edited by Gunther
  • Like 1