IGNORED

Sears Video Arcade controller, console controller plugs, Crazy Taxi cover, Channel F BIOS chip set or board

Dopy25

Want #1: Looking for a channel F BIOS chip. Looking for SL90026 or SL31253 and SL31254

I believe my console has a bad PSU (program storage unit). I guess this is the bios as well? 

would also consider full board. Just looking to get one of these consoles working and complete. I thought it would be easy enough to find replacements, but I was wrong. Way wrong. These are the most proprietary consoles. 

Anyone have any spares? Or a busted Fairchild channel f console? I don't really want to buy one on eBay because most sellers think it's a gold mine even if it's broken. If you have a system 1 revision E, that's preferred but I am looking for anything with those chips.

Want #2: game cover for Crazy Taxi on GC. I have the game disc, manual, and insert, but no cover art. 

Want #3: ANY controller plug ends, even if they are frayed a little, as long as the fray is more than a few inches from the plug base. I have a blue retro base and a bunch of connectors, but no controller ends. I am hoping someone has some here that they would like to let me repurpose.

Preferred:

Sega: Dreamcast, Saturn

Nintendo: NES and Famicom(even though famicom has hardwired controllers is ok), SNES, N64

Sony Playstation/PS2

PC Engine or TG16

Want #4: Sears Video Arcade controller/joystick/paddle. I just bought a Video Arcade II, and am looking for at least one controller to have with it. 

I have a bunch of stuff here and would love to trade.

If you don't see anything you like, please let me know what you're looking for and I might have it in my own collection.

See my sale thread for interested trades or send a PM.

Edited by Dopy25

50 minutes ago, Leonard Smith said:

Not sure if this helps, but I just saw this pop up on my Facebook Marketplace.  Full disclosure, this is not my listing.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/288564376709666/

That's decent for sure, but the one I have almost looks as good. haha. It feels like a waste not using it. 

This is the one I have:

PXL_20220216_170609899.thumb.jpg.311e48b7f4de3f5bf6a866c7c817ce05.jpg

Edited by Dopy25
  • Like 1

I might have a spare working console only but will have to check. I also believe it is in really good condition overall but no controllers as it would be just the console itself.

Could also look into having your current one looked at to see if it can be fixed?

2 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I might have a spare working console only but will have to check. I also believe it is in really good condition overall but no controllers as it would be just the console itself.

Could also look into having your current one looked at to see if it can be fixed?

I reflowed a few of the solder joints and tried again. No change. The screen is black but has random vertical lines flashing and after it warms up, there are colored lines as well.

I also only have 2 games that I'm not sure even work but I cleaned them and the cart slot. None of the caps on board look expanded. The stic looks like it might have a crack in it but from what I understand, something should come up on screen, albeit garbage video, but video nonetheless. I can't call what I see on screen video.

I'm wondering if it's the CPU. It looks just like what's on screen when a 2600 CPU is bad. 

I'm really hoping to come up with something I can use to test the chips in my board. I don't have an oscilloscope so I'm limited on what I can do. I usually check what my gut says first, and my gut is telling me this has a bad CPU, maybe stic. 

I'm not sure if the video is playing so I uploaded it:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NEBPcDZXAAV2gipV8

Edited by Dopy25

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

bump. found a 3do but need a controller, or controller parts.

You need a new or  used one? I can provide both..

Edit.. I have just new ones... Just tested my spare used controller I haven't used in years and it doesn't work...  So I have some new ProPads, about 4 of them. When I get home I will upload photos.. 

Edited by Wing_Commander
  • Like 1

Appreciate the offer @Wing_Commander But I would prefer something used. I've never been a fan of new things or their prices, even todays video games.

What's going on with the used one? Do any of the buttons respond? What about if you press harder, or longer? I'm wondering if it's the conductive pads. If those are bad, I could always use it for a pad hack which is my initial goal. I've borrowed a controller for now to test the console, but it feels really weird. Especially for Street Fighter. haha. That's why I'd like to make an arcade stick by creating a pad hack. 

I have another 3do controller I bought awhile back but someone completely raged out on it and bent the board inside somehow. The traces are completely shot. I am sure the chips may still work, but creating that from scratch would be quite difficult. I can solder pretty well, but these controllers have some weird things going on in them. Plus I haven't seen a decent diagram that would tell me what to do with the chips, capacitors, and resistors.

13 hours ago, Dopy25 said:

Appreciate the offer @Wing_Commander But I would prefer something used. I've never been a fan of new things or their prices, even todays video games.

What's going on with the used one? Do any of the buttons respond? What about if you press harder, or longer? I'm wondering if it's the conductive pads. If those are bad, I could always use it for a pad hack which is my initial goal. I've borrowed a controller for now to test the console, but it feels really weird. Especially for Street Fighter. haha. That's why I'd like to make an arcade stick by creating a pad hack. 

I have another 3do controller I bought awhile back but someone completely raged out on it and bent the board inside somehow. The traces are completely shot. I am sure the chips may still work, but creating that from scratch would be quite difficult. I can solder pretty well, but these controllers have some weird things going on in them. Plus I haven't seen a decent diagram that would tell me what to do with the chips, capacitors, and resistors.

Its an old Goldstar pad... Though I might be my 3DO because my other one isn't working now either... Nor is my flight stick :(  ... I have yet to get this FZ1 recapped... So the controller might actually be fine. I will send you a photo later today of it.  Might just ask 10 +shipping for it.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

INTV2 is also taken care of. Now I would like to fix the joystick adjustment so I am looking to borrow or purchase unused goods if you have it.

Or if anyone has the ability to burn the test cart rom for me (if that's allowed), I would appreciate it. I don't need a shell. I just need the board. 

If you have any other ways I could get a test cart, please reach out.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bump. Desperately in need of a parts GameCube. I have a cube that's missing the bottom metal shield. Not sure how it went missing but I could use one right now. If you have that part for some reason, or have a spare, even busted up, trash cube, please let me know. 

I can buy the shield alone for $12 on eBay but I'm hoping someone here has one, or a console they no longer want. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...