IGNORED

Another A8 disk archive started

SpicyChronos

• 1 month later...

@SpicyChronos Please redump these disks as flux dumps then I can try to repair them.

On 12/14/2023 at 8:48 AM, www.atarimania.com said:

5219-flippy_A.atx 95.49 kB · 11 downloads

This appears to be the disk version of Mini Word Processor by Educational Software.

5219-flippy_A.atx has one gone-weak sector inside Mini Word Processor and it seems some more problems in at least another one.

I got quite far repairing but gave up once I saw that it is not only the weak sector.

Swords and Sorcery.atr 90.02 kB · 10 downloads

Cannot retrieve the BASIC file. Unofficial conversion of an old type-in from Kilobaud.

4584B - ATARI ANONYMOUS - A USERS GROUP - Library Disk - GAMES #6.ATR is missing sector 713.
Hopefully a second dump will read this sector.

Plains of Salisbury (The).bas 7.93 kB · 9 downloads

I can't find the disk where I found this. Game locks up and seems to be unlistable. This is a missing Home Computer Magazine type-in which can be found here:

https://archive.org/details/HomeComputerMagazine_Vol5_05/page/n21/mode/2up?

The program is truncated in BASIC line 1400.
The disk is 4540B.ATR from Nov 9th's ATRs.zip but without an ATX or flux dump in 4001-5000.zip. From the point of corruption till the end of the image most sectors are empty (probably missing). Here I also hope for a second dump revealing data.

• Thanks 1

Hi @DjayBee,

I'll look for the disks and get some kryoflux dumps made. Do you need me to change any settings to try and get a better dump?? Should I try a 360K drive. I'll have to do some fenagling to read the second side, might have to do the cut the sleeve and flip over the media, and read again. Otherwise I have a 1.2M flippy drive.

Regards,

1 hour ago, SpicyChronos said:

@DjayBee,

Here are two of the three disks redumped.

I am having a hard time locating Disk 5219. Hopefully I'll find it soon. It's probably buried in a tote that I put away in my workshop.

Thanks but unfortunately it did not help.

On 1/27/2024 at 6:11 PM, DjayBee said:

4584B - ATARI ANONYMOUS - A USERS GROUP - Library Disk - GAMES #6.ATR is missing sector 713.
Hopefully a second dump will read this sector.

Sector 713 is still missing.

On 1/27/2024 at 6:11 PM, DjayBee said:

The program is truncated in BASIC line 1400.
The disk is 4540B.ATR from Nov 9th's ATRs.zip but without an ATX or flux dump in 4001-5000.zip. From the point of corruption till the end of the image most sectors are empty (probably missing). Here I also hope for a second dump revealing data.

All sectors past the truncation point are actually good but completely empty.

So no luck with Plains of Salisbury but if somebody takes the challenge: Type it in from the magazine's PDF (link to archive.org here by @www.atarimania.com).

• Like 1

Hey all,

I'm attempting to type in the Plains of Salisbury from the PDF scan. If anyone else is trying to do it too, maybe we can collaborate on it? I know i've struggled a little bit on how they do the ATASCII characters, but I've also typed in the BUG-OUT listing, and will use that to check my work as I go along.

-Spicy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpicyChronos said:

Hey all,

I'm attempting to type in the Plains of Salisbury from the PDF scan. If anyone else is trying to do it too, maybe we can collaborate on it? I know i've struggled a little bit on how they do the ATASCII characters, but I've also typed in the BUG-OUT listing, and will use that to check my work as I go along.

-Spicy

Can you post what you have done so far? And what part are you working on now? I can give you some time later today (Sunday).

• Like 1

Hello All,

I came into a collection of 192 floppy disks, many are flippy disks that have had a second write-protect notch and timing hole cut into many of them. I believe are for the Radio Shack - Tandy CoCo series of computers. I have created Kryoflux raw images of these disks. Hopefully these can be converted into images that can be used in emulators and real machines. All but three seems to be copies or possible typed-in programs. Each disk had on its sleeve a directory with a lot of .BAS or .BIN. The three that actually have Tandy labels are, Tandy-Color Computer 3-OS-9 Level Two-Zone Runner-Cat. No. 26-3286, Tandy-Color Computer-64K-Pegasus and the Phantom RIders-Cat. No. 26-3281-01.01.00 and Tandy-Color Computer-OS-9-DeskMate-Cat. No. 26-3259.

These are on my shared Google drive under 12-FEB-2024. The zip file has been split up into 15 sections. "Possible-Tandy-CoCo-Floppy-Disk-Images.zip" to "zip.015"

• Like 2