IGNORED

Tempest 4000 (in VCS Store)

marss

On 2/23/2022 at 7:53 AM, Mockduck said:

Sweet! This one looks to be very similar to TxK on the Vita, which has so far been my favorite Minter Tempest game. It even kinda looks the same?

As I recall, there was originally a planned console version of TxK under development. Atari forced Sony and Llamasoft to pull TxK from the Vita store, threatening legal action due to similarities with Tempest. The response from Minter fans was swift and damning for Atari (even though they were probably right).

Cooler heads eventually prevailed and a development deal was struck for Llamasoft to bring Tempest 4K to consoles with Atari as the Publisher. 

The game is VERY TxK. I have it on PS4 and love it. Will be buying day one on VCS just for the rotary control.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

Gotta mention that it has the Tempest 2000 CD soundtrack or an option for the TxK or Tempest 2000 midi tracks during gameplay. Or at least it did for the PS4 version.

The original soundtrack on cartridge sounded way better in my opinion, they changed the drum truck and the bass lines in the CD version.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 11:23 PM, marss said:

That should have been “on the Switch too.” Why the hell was the VCS left out of that? SMH ??‍♂️ Their own f***ing system! The VCS should be first for them and they need to stop treating it like an afterthought.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just had a look on the Switch store to see if the game had dropped there yet while I wait for the VCS version and it seems the games now down for the 23rd and not today. I thought both the VCS and Switch version where launching on the same date. If the game doesn’t show up on the VCS today it’s probably going to be tomorrow.