IGNORED

MultiSprite Kernel and how to use pfread?

Erik Zimmermann

I'm using the Multi Sprite kernel and want to calculate the coordinates for the pfread. My players are 8 pixels high and wide.
Use the const screenheight=88 and pfheight=1.  Can't debug with pfpixel. pfpixel not supported in multisprite kernel

Who has ever used pfread in the multisprite kernel?

Flag.bas

Edited by Erik Zimmermann

• 1 month later...

Never got it to work myself.  That's on me and not Bogax and his pfread routines.

I think KevKelly has gotten some success.  I'd do a forum search and look at each relevant topic for clues.  Also, check out R.T.s Batari Command Reference page and any examples on multi sprite pfread.

https://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#pfread

12 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

Never got it to work myself.  That's on me and not Bogax and his pfread routines.

I think KevKelly has gotten some success.  I'd do a forum search and look at each relevant topic for clues.  Also, check out R.T.s Batari Command Reference page and any examples on multi sprite pfread.

https://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#pfread

I had a hard time getting it to work myself. I think of the games I started as Multisprite, I changed it up to use playfield pixels instead or went with DPC+ instead.

I was interested in having another go, as I wanted to try and make one using multisprite and Superchip but didn't quite have the time to try and figure it out.

Edited by KevKelley