IGNORED

Montezuma's Revenge! coming to the NES

Received an email today announcing the upcoming Kickstarter campaign and wanted to pass along the information.

Montezuma's Revenge! is coming to the NES from Normal Distribution, LLC and Second Dimension via Kickstarter.

You can sign-up to be notified of the launch here: NES Montezuma's Revenge! by Normal Distribution LLC — Kickstarter

Second Dimension will be publishing the game. The announcement is here: Second Dimension (second-dimension.com)

Here's the promotional video which shows some of the goodies that are planned for Kickstarter: NES version coming soon to Kickstarter - YouTube

According to Rob Jaeger, the creator of Montezuma's Revenge! and CEO of Normal Distribution, LLC the code is 100% ready.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Illtiger1 said:

Awesome game.  Used to play it on Apple IIe.  Did Tutankham ever come out for NES via homebrew?  Don't think it ever did, but could be wrong.  Would have been a great port as well.

Played a lot of Montezuma's Revenge on my Apple //c. Always loved the game. Really looking forward to this NES offering. I'd love to see Tutankham on the NES. Excellent game as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 4:38 PM, TheDevil'sCompass said:

The Kickstarter for Monetzuma's Revenge is now live.

For those interested, here's the link:

NES Montezuma's Revenge! by Normal Distribution LLC — Kickstarter

Backed!  Surprised this hasn't hit its goal already, but I think the big gap between CIB and the Limited Edition might have something to do with it.  Another option between $50 - $175 might be nice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 128Kgames said:

Backed!  Surprised this hasn't hit its goal already, but I think the big gap between CIB and the Limited Edition might have something to do with it.  Another option between $50 - $175 might be nice. 

I totally agree. I couldn't justify the $175 tier. I would have paid a bit more to get some of the items (like the Pyramid Maps) at the $175 tier. 

This is what is worth an extra $125 from the CIB:

Full Color Gift Box
40th Anniversary Copper Collector's Coin
Pedro Hat
Detailed Pyramid Maps
Certificate of Authenticity Signed by Rob Jaeger
Modern Character Magnets by Mark Sunshine
3× Mini-Posters (17"x11")

Hopefully this is just an oversight, but I didn't see the "Pedro Flash Drive with Software" on the CIB tier, but it is on the $25 and $175 tiers.

On 3/19/2022 at 6:03 PM, 7800Knight said:

Sounds cool!

Will this game go on forever like its many other ports?  Or does it have an actual ending?

It goes on forever like most games of the era did. The actual ending with the boss is another Montezuma project. Please follow us on https://facebook.com/MontezumasRevengeGame. Thanks for your interest!

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 11:30 PM, phattyboombatty said:

If the author is listening/reading, is feedback welcome? Have concerns about the musical track. I would prefer something more perilous sounding. Just my two cents. ??️♂️

Yes, following. Thanks for your feedback!

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2022 at 11:58 PM, 7800Knight said:

They launched.

I'm debating pledging as I had my eye on a Retron unit for NES games like Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros. 3, etc.  I do have the campaign saved so I have a bit of time to think about it.

Thanks for considering it!

On 4/30/2022 at 6:09 PM, 128Kgames said:

Thanks for your support! Lots of extras can be included as add-on purchases to fit that gap.

On 4/30/2022 at 7:32 PM, TheDevil'sCompass said:

I totally agree. I couldn't justify the $175 tier. I would have paid a bit more to get some of the items (like the Pyramid Maps) at the $175 tier. 

This is what is worth an extra $125 from the CIB:

Full Color Gift Box
40th Anniversary Copper Collector's Coin
Pedro Hat
Detailed Pyramid Maps
Certificate of Authenticity Signed by Rob Jaeger
Modern Character Magnets by Mark Sunshine
3× Mini-Posters (17"x11")

Hopefully this is just an oversight, but I didn't see the "Pedro Flash Drive with Software" on the CIB tier, but it is on the $25 and $175 tiers.

Limited quantities are still available at its own $22 tier and included with the Limited Edition, but it's not included with standard CIB. It also can be included as an addon purchase ($25) with no extra postage for any physical tier. The Flash Drive is really cool, it's made from heavy duty thick rubbery plastic based off a 3D model of Pedro.