IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 16 - Game 7 - TRON: Maze-A-Tron (Early Bird Special)

[ Intellivision HSC Season 16 ]

(Game 7)

TRON: Maze-A-Tron

Tron_Maze-A-Tron.jpg.6bcec57e1bdcd5623e070c2e02a716e0.jpg

TRON: Maze-A-Tron by Mattel 1981

In the computer fantasy world of TRON, the power hungry Master Control Program (the MCP) seeks to control the human race. You are Flynn, the daring, young programmer, transported into the heart of the computer, to find and disable the MCP.

tron_maze-a-tron.gif.bece4268d9b1d789d935591eb564ae8e.gif

ROM Download Link

https://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/21636/intellivision/TRON-Maze-A-Tron-1981-Mattel.html

Game Manual Link - Click link below then go to 'Games' then 'Manuals' and scroll down for TRON: Maze-A-Tron

http://www.intellivision.us/intvlibrary/index.htm

High Score Club Record

SET NEW RECORD +3

Game Setting

PRESS BUTTON 1 (MEDIUM FAST LEVEL)

Game Objective

Move Flynn around the maze, picking up zeroes and storing energy. Protect against the Recognizer by using your power shield. Complete the zeroes board and then battle the MCP scoring as many points as you can in the process. 

Game Scoring

+13 [1st place], +12 [2nd place], +11 [3rd place], +9 [4th place] down to +1 pt for participation. +2 Game Winner Incentive. 

Extra Score Bonus: Get a score of 50,000 pts or more and earn +1 bonus point; Get a score of 100,000 pts or more and earn +2 bonus points; Get a score of 150,000 pts or more and earn +3 bonus points; Get a score of 200,000 pts or more and earn +4 bonus points; Get a score of 250,000 pts or more and earn +5 bonus points. Max-out Extra Score Bonus points earned is +5.  

Season Theme: Maze Craze and Critters. This game falls into the 'Maze Craze' category.

Contest Ends
SUNDAY MARCH 20TH 11:59:59 PM EASTERN TIME

(FINAL SCORES)

402,800 - Rickster8 [+5 Bonus Points][+13][+2 GAME WINNER INCENTIVE][+3 SET NEW RECORD]

71,100 - CParsley [+1 Bonus Point][+12]

29,300 - Mark Griff [+11]

--------------------------------------------------

18,300 - Popsicle [+9]

15,400 - Player One [+8]

3,000 - Lupovax [+7]

2,100 - jimblargh [+6]

0 - Gar0u [+5]

0 - IntyFanMatt [+5]

Overall Rankings (POINTS)

After Super Cobra

88 - CParsley

87 - Mark Griff

84 - Rickster8

52 - Crade

51 - Lupovax

48 - jimblargh

34 - Fakecortex

32 - Popsicle

31 - Wolfy62

30 - IntyFanMatt

26 - Gar0u

14 - Mr_Me

9 - Player One

4 - Jblenkle

Games Won

2 - Mark Griff - Tutankham / Mouse Trap

1 - IntyFanMatt - Shark! Shark!

1 - Popsicle - Buzz Bombers

1 - Rickster8 - Night Stalker

1 - CParsley - Super Cobra

Sneak Preview:

Venture

Edited by Rickster8
Added in scores
  • Like 1

Just a quick note. Since there have been no scoring entries yet, I took the liberty of changing the speed level from Disc (Fastest Level) to Button 1 (Medium Fast Level). Disc Level is ridiculous. ?

RATIONALE: Disc is way too FAST, button 3 is way too SLOW, we played Medium Level in Season 13 so Medium Fast Level it is and there you have it.... ?

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

A little hint here. In order to get to the Zeroes Screen you have to go thru the I/O Transport. You cannot get there by just going right or left. You have to be 'transported' there. C'mon guys. It's NOT that hard. To me Space Spartans / Bomb Squad / Microsurgeon are MUCH harder to learn...... ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

A little hint here. In order to get to the Zeroes Screen you have to go thru the I/O Transport. You cannot get there by just going right or left. You have to be 'transported' there. C'mon guys. It's NOT that hard. To me Space Spartans / Bomb Squad / Microsurgeon are MUCH harder to learn...... ?

It depends..  For people that are allergic to manuals like myself, 

bomb squad and space spartans you can figure out by trial and error.. 

I had to actually break out in hives and read the manual for this one.  Microsurgeon I don't know, since I have no idea how to play that one either :)

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, crade said:

I had to actually break out in hives and read the manual for this one.  Microsurgeon I don't know, since I have no idea how to play that one either :)

Dude Microsurgeon is friggin awesome, one of my faves..... ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

@mr_me You gonna play this? It seems too difficult for everyone else? ?

I haven't been able to play any games, unfortunately.

On 3/9/2022 at 4:15 PM, crade said:

The games are a lot better if you take the five minutes to read the instructions.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mark griff said:

Well I read manual played 3 games so far and my score is 0

AUGHHHHHH!!!!

Ok well maybe this weekend I will post a quick tutorial video on how to score in this game. I will show how to get zeroes, how to beat the Recognizer, how to get energy, how to get to the Zeroes screen, how to change the numbers from 1 to 0 and then how to battle the MCP. That should help scores increase from just 0..... :P?

The instructions gives you a few key pieces of information, like you don't score points until you clear a set of RAM chips.  The other key thing the instructions tells you is that the RAM chips are not on the starting circuit board.  Best thing to do is to keep using the I/O until it takes you to the RAM.

• Like 1