IGNORED

Winter 2022 Pre-Order Games Status Thread

Albert

Here's a photo of the bins I am storing the pre-order games in as I have been building them.  Each of these bins can store 72 Atari 2600/7800 carts, and varying numbers of Jaguar and 5200 shells (which are a bit larger).  There's about 800 games in these bins right now.  I have all the 2600, 5200, and 7800 games built and tested, as well as all the extra games for these orders.  I will be finishing these up over the weekend (labeling and boxing), with the plan to get them all shipped by the end of next week.  I will then focus on getting the Jaguar games shipped, and I will be building them while taking breaks from the crazy amount of shipping I'll need to do.  :)

PreOrderCarts_InBins.jpg

..Al

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, juansolo said:

That is a completely normal reaction to the HMRC. ;)

They are incompetent.

@Albert if the costs of using ebay for smaller orders to the UK is anywhere near the cost in your time of submitting returns to HMRC every month or however often they need them, then  I know which option I'd choose.

Edited by marauder666

19 minutes ago, marauder666 said:

They are incompetent.

@Albert if the costs of using ebay for smaller orders to the UK is anywhere near the cost in your time of submitting returns to HMRC every month or however often they need them, then  I know which option I'd choose.

I'd really prefer to have both options.  eBay is fine, but I only have a subset of games available there, and it's more time consuming to deal with than the AtariAge Store.  I just wish they'd make the VAT application process more straightforward for small businesses.  It's confusing and not always clear exactly what they asking for.

..Al

• Like 3

After several days of slaving away, I now have nearly all the 2600/5200/7800 games ready to ship.  The Jaguar games are next, but I'm first going to get all these out the door while I continue to build the Jaguar games (they are somewhat time consuming to build!)  I also have a few more "extra" games to build, but most of those are completed, tested and labeled as well (some do need to go into boxes, which I'll get done tomorrow).  Plan is to start shipping games tomorrow evening, or Friday at the latest, and then work through the weekend to get all of them shipped.  Then later next week I will have all the Jaguar games shipped as well.

First, here are the plastic drawers I posted a photo of above, but they are now all empty except for the "extra" games, which I just finished testing and labeling.

newgames_emptybins.jpg

Here are most of the boxed games:

newgames_02.jpg

and

newgames_01.jpg

Will be nice to empty these shelves and tables.  :)

..Al

• Like 12

On 5/5/2022 at 5:03 AM, Albert said:

After several days of slaving away, I now have nearly all the 2600/5200/7800 games ready to ship.  The Jaguar gam

Do you have to glue these boxes together or do they have some kind of "snap" or "insert" thingy? 

I shipped nearly 200 pre-order orders over the weekend, bringing them to the post office (and another trip to UPS) yesterday morning.  Still have more orders to ship, in particular any orders containing Gravitic Mines and Dr. Typo Collection, which I'm working on building this week so I can ship all of those early next week.  There's probably another 40 or orders that don't contain those games that I'm also working on getting out ASAP. 

Here are some photos from yesterday's fun!

PreOrder_Games_Shipped_03.jpg

PreOrder_Games_Shipped_02.jpg

PreOrder_Games_Shipped_01.jpg

I expect that all the domestic orders should arrive this week!  :)

..Al

• Like 11

I received the games I ordered today also. Thanks [mention]Albert [/mention] ! Please DM me if you need assistance with booth setup at PRGE this year. I’ve enjoyed helping you out in previous years and looking forward to seeing you here in Portland in October. [emoji3]

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThuhDoug said:

I received the games I ordered today also. Thanks [mention]Albert [/mention] ! Please DM me if you need assistance with booth setup at PRGE this year. I’ve enjoyed helping you out in previous years and looking forward to seeing you here in Portland in October. emoji3.png

Glad to hear your order arrived today, hope you enjoy the games!  I'll send you a message about helping with booth setup, thanks for the offer.  Will be nice to visit Portland again this year!

..Al

Have the initial batch of Dr. Typo Collection and Gravitic Mines completed!  Going to start shipping these this evening, and they will all be shipped by the end of the week.  Click on the images for a larger view.

DrTypo_Carts.jpg

GraviticMines_Carts.jpg

GraviticMinesAndDrTypo_BoxedGames.jpg

Can't wait to get these into everyone's hands!  :D

..Al

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Albert said:

Have the initial batch of Dr. Typo Collection and Gravitic Mines completed!  Going to start shipping these this evening, and they will all be shipped by the end of the week.  Click on the images for a larger view.

DrTypo_Carts.jpg

GraviticMines_Carts.jpg

GraviticMinesAndDrTypo_BoxedGames.jpg

Can't wait to get these into everyone's hands!  :D

..Al

Wow! That looks incredible. Thank you?

• Like 2