IGNORED

Season 12 ~ Week 18/19/20 ~ HomeBrew Weeks

Vocelli

Stratovox: 40,600

Hello Everyone !!

Here are some tips for STRATOVOX 2600 that can help you reach great scores:

1. Memorize all the alienships patterns so it will be easier to kill them.
2. Alienships by themselves are faster than in groups when they are carrying a human.
3. Sometimes is better to loose one of your spaceships instead of loosing a human.

I hope you enjoy playing STRATOVOX 2600 as much as I did creating it ! 
And congrats to the creators of Aardvark and Raptor for such great games !!!

Let's see those high scores !

RaymanC

Desktop Screenshot 2022.03.07 - 21.10.18.95.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I don’t believe I’ve heard of Stratovox, but this one is pretty fun! Not sure if any of the elements I like in particular are unique to this homebrew, but it’s great how you earn back a human after each round, and the changing of patterns keeps it fresh. Cute sprites and fun animation at the end as well. Well done!

Stratovox 2600 - 12,250

9F61CC3D-7E58-4F8E-B372-996D3DB13CE9.thumb.jpeg.5426925fd2cb3d10d5157760e7d877a9.jpeg

• Like 5

Raptor: 1182

Aardvark: 95060

These are both excellent games and I look forward to playing both of them more over the next couple weeks.

Is there a manual available for Aardvark?  It took a few games for me to realize you need to eat the worm from behind and if you take too long, a spider will ruin your day.  I'm wondering what other details I might be missing.  Specifically, I'm wondering about scoring rules and the possibility of point pressing the early levels by purposely leaving one or two dots to eat more insects and rack up bonus points until the spider appears.  If you eat one of the "special" insects at the bottom to clear the screen, do those kills count toward your bonus, or does the bonus only include the critters you eat directly?  There have been a few boards where I thought I killed more critters than are getting counted on the bonus screen, even after taking into account that the counts reset if you die.

I cannot seem to Stratovox to load on my console with a Harmony cart.  It just brings up a spinner when I select the game.  Are others having this problem, or is there something I could do to make it work?  I've re-copied the ROM to the SD card a couple times and the issue persists.  My console is a 4-switch woody.  To date, this is the only ROM I've had issues with on my Harmony cart.  I think the firmware is current (updated to the latest version a few weeks ago).  The ROM loads fine in Stella, so it's not an issue with the download.  If necessary, I'll just play the game in Stella, but I would prefer original hardware if there were a way to get it to work.

image.thumb.jpeg.4c0f087a8e2c29f8c8aff28ac1b43cb5.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.71a00ddee9c7d9aaf76c1cb9ff0c8259.jpeg

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, kermit73 said:

Is there a manual available for Aardvark? 

Nothing official. I have a WIP text for the manual, but it doesn't describe any more details than you already found out yourself. You can stay on each hill as long as you want. Not sure if the risk is worth the few extra points. When you eat the queens, the worm kills count towards the bonus, but the ant kills do not.

BTW: There is an Easter Egg which may help to improve your points especially in early hills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kermit73 said:

I cannot seem to Stratovox to load on my console with a Harmony cart.  It just brings up a spinner when I select the game.  Are others having this problem, or is there something I could do to make it work?

Yes, there were a couple games that shared this problem. I fixed it last year by reloading the latest firmware. Even if, like my encore, it had the latest version displayed already.

• Like 1