IGNORED

Season 12 ~ Week 18/19/20 ~ HomeBrew Weeks

Vocelli

1 hour ago, McCallister said:

Ummm, how much higher does this one go? Asking for a friend…

I'm not sure I understand the question, but if you're asking if I plan to continue pressing my score, probably not.  I hit my goal of reaching 200k and am not sure I'll improve much upon the 210k if I keep playing.  I'll likely move on to the game(s) selected for next week this weekend.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kermit73 said:

I'm not sure I understand the question, but if you're asking if I plan to continue pressing my score, probably not.  I hit my goal of reaching 200k and am not sure I'll improve much upon the 210k if I keep playing.  I'll likely move on to the game(s) selected for next week this weekend.

Oh, no, sorry for the confusion.  I saw the picture you posted and it said "Press fire" instead of "Game Over" so I assumed you had taken a picture mid game and would keep going with that same game.  Great score, by the way!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, McCallister said:

Oh, no, sorry for the confusion.  I saw the picture you posted and it said "Press fire" instead of "Game Over" so I assumed you had taken a picture mid game and would keep going with that same game.  Great score, by the way!

Ahh.  Now I get it.  I accidentally hit the button on the Game Over screen and needed to reload the menu to snap the photo.  I have the Game Over screen on video, but was too lazy to pull the SD card out of the video camera and just snapped the pic from my phone.  Since the game involved using the Easter Egg, I'm not planning to post the video without consent from one of the game developers.

I must say it's been a fun couple weeks competing with you as we've both been running up the top score for this game.

• Like 1

First Efforts!

Stratovox 2600 : excellent game, another one where the gameplay is pretty straightforward, then the planning takes place, very smooth playfield and slick graphics

Awesome job!! My issue is I really do suck at shooters ?

Aardvark : This took me a while to work out what the heck to do ( never ever played this game on any port before ) but slowly worked it out, gotta say the animation on the Aardvark itself is phenomenal! Smooth controls, and one you need your wits about you, ill keep at this one til i get the "Easter Egg" and 100k.

Another superb game! 

Stratovox 2600 : 25,800

25800.thumb.JPG.8836c71f0d14a50c49862da0376bb0c5.JPG

Aardvark : 70,610

70610.thumb.JPG.b2d53279ee9a6c1c33c6b523993ba02b.JPG

• Like 6

Another improvement at Arrdvark, but I suspect this is my lot now. I'm not heavily into the homebrew scene, so I'm not qualified to make a really informed judgement, but this is definitely the homebrew I have liked the most out of all the ones I've tried (although to be fair, all three of this set of games are great)

Aardvark (2019) (PAL60)_4.png

• Like 5

After 3 weeks of procrastination I finally got around to playing the homebrew games for this round tonight and wowie are they ever great ones! While Stratovox wasn't quite my type of game (on account of me really sucking at precisely shooting fast moving targets with single shots) I can definitely see it being rewarding for someone with the patience to practice and get good at it. RAPTOR on the other hand was frantic arcade shooting action with nice graphics and innovative mechanics that eventually gets going so fast you feel like you might have a stroke playing it, which is exactly my kinda game :lol: I loved the TIA rendition of Johnny Comes Marching Home too, that was a really awesome touch!

My favorite of the bunch though was Aardvark, which was a little intimidating at first since there's quite a few game mechanics to learn and discovering how to get to the Bonus Hill levels where all the eggs are worth double points took a bit of practice (Hint: Don't use the nuclear options) but seeing The Ant and the Aardvark reference was well worth the trouble, since I really loved that cartoon growing up. The graphics in Aardvark are just downright incredible for the Atari 2600 too, and I can definitely see myself returning to both Aardvark and RAPTOR many more times in the future :)

Aardvark (Wild 1, Hill 1, Lives 5, Extra 20K): 87,400

IMG_20220326_023030.thumb.jpg.d4c326af9ee81386361ac3c282b6565d.jpg

RAPTOR (Game 1, B/B Difficulty): 1,141

IMG_20220326_000711.thumb.jpg.604bf59f937275cccd078ab3ec671b88.jpg

Stratovox 2600 (Game 1, B/B Difficulty): 23,250

IMG_20220326_012800.thumb.jpg.ffc5232b6a616608ff6b1e92a88904eb.jpg

Edited by Skippy B. Coyote
Typo fixes
  • Like 6