IGNORED

RAPTOR

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.  I especially appreciate the positive comments from my fellow developers, all of which have created some really cool games of their own.  Even though I may have a second Atari 2600 game under my belt, I know I still have a lot to learn.

On 3/7/2022 at 5:26 AM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

I looked into your code and there seem to be quite some options for optimizing (e.g. ZP,Y instead of ZP,X costs one byte)

@Thomas Jentzsch, thanks for bringing that to my attention.  Any little nuggets such as this one that that can expand my programming knowledge is truly appreciated.

FYI, I have started a RAPTOR patch list in the first post.  I will do my best to add additional patch earners in the order that the scores are posted, either in this forum or in the 2600 High Score Club forum.

• Like 3

Here's my latest: 1,602.  This does it for me as I will be traveling out of town and won't have any more time to play/test for now.  The game is playing well (haven't come across any issues) and highly addictive.  @Armscar Coder Thanks for sharing the ROM. ?

2022-0309_Raptor HS.jpg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Armscar Coder said:

Here is a picture of the sample patch.  Anyone scoring 1000 points or more on RAPTOR is eligible for a free patch.  Just send me a PM with a photo of your game screen (emulator screen shots are fine too.)

patch.png.0d051863c676921ef8734bba5c9de8f1.png

:-o

3 hours ago, Armscar Coder said:

Here is a picture of the sample patch.  Anyone scoring 1000 points or more on RAPTOR is eligible for a free patch.  Just send me a PM with a photo of your game screen (emulator screen shots are fine too.)

patch.png.0d051863c676921ef8734bba5c9de8f1.png

Great looking patch, top quality like everything you do ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Armscar Coder has adapted RAPTOR so that it can be used in the PlusROM High Score Club.

Andrew has put a lot of effort into the details of the game, and it is a great pleasure to play it.

All those who reach 1000 points and more with their PlusCart or emulator will be rewarded with a beautiful virtual patch in the HSC.

As always, PlusCart user/tester can find the PAL60, and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club" or in "Recently Added ROMs" for the next few days.

The NTSC version can be played online in javatari.js. The ROM-file can also be played with Gopher2600, or the newest version of Stella.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for RAPTOR:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=51

Raptor.png.0249f599e3fe2ebc38ed6c62e493633a.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

@Armscar Coder has adapted RAPTOR so that it can be used in the PlusROM High Score Club.

Andrew has put a lot of effort into the details of the game, and it is a great pleasure to play it.

All those who reach 1000 points and more with their PlusCart or emulator will be rewarded with a beautiful virtual patch in the HSC.

As always, PlusCart user/tester can find the PAL60, and NTSC versions in the PlusStore directory "Public ROMs\PlusROMs\High Score Club" or in "Recently Added ROMs" for the next few days.

The NTSC version can be played online in javatari.js. The ROM-file can also be played with Gopher2600, or the newest version of Stella.

The "PlusCart High Score Club" page for RAPTOR:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/?game_id=51

Raptor.png.0249f599e3fe2ebc38ed6c62e493633a.png

Excellent! That's a great looking patch.? Thanks to all involved.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Yurkie said:

First off this game is AWESOME!

However I suck and need a patch as charity.

Keep at it, you’ll be able to reach the goal.  I was stuck ~600 points when I first starting playing the game, but I couldn’t put it down. 

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update:  The RAPTOR patches arrived about two weeks ago.  I started shipping them last week with the last batch going out yesterday.  The ones going to recipients in the USA should be delivered this week and hopefully the international ones soon to follow.  Discovering the Atari homebrew scene has definitely opened up opportunities for me to interact with individuals from all over the globe, and for that I am so grateful.  Case in point, the eight RAPTOR patches awarded so far represents AtariAge members from four different countries and three continents.  Here a couple of pictures of the patches.

patches-group.thumb.jpg.cc7edce023cdcd5c8baf63b73b8bc4c1.jpg     patch-single.thumb.jpg.39c88e5f6a66edebc81c60e47392f569.jpg

The RAPTOR binary has been released for almost two months now.  With no bugs reported, I think I am ready to call the game complete.

We still have some work to do with the cartridge labels and box design.  But, that should be wrapped up in a month or so.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Armscar Coder said:

patches-group.thumb.jpg.cc7edce023cdcd5c8baf63b73b8bc4c1.jpg     patch-single.thumb.jpg.39c88e5f6a66edebc81c60e47392f569.jpg

The RAPTOR binary has been released for almost two months now.  With no bugs reported, I think I am ready to call the game complete.

We still have some work to do with the cartridge labels and box design.  But, that should be wrapped up in a month or so.

:o Wow :o That patch looks so good.

Look forward to purchasing a CIB copy of the game.?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Is it too late for a patch?

Raptor-1053.thumb.jpg.04bae8cfdf97bb5d530077ff3afbb39e.jpg

Played with the PlusCart, so I got the 5th place in its HSC with 1053 points.

I tried it for many days, using both the 7800 with the arcade type joystick and the 2600 light sizer with the standard Atari joystick. Guess where did I get more points!!! 

Raptor-1053-consoles.thumb.jpg.391fea74d58f4ed95aed06e6d10f3f5c.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vitoco said:

Raptor-1053.thumb.jpg.04bae8cfdf97bb5d530077ff3afbb39e.jpg

Played with the PlusCart, so I got the 5th place in its HSC with 1053 points.

Congratulations! At least you have the virtual online patch now.

I uploaded your screenshot to your HSC score:

grafik.thumb.png.b653503b05b33b856163d4bf77e685ef.png

8 hours ago, vitoco said:

I tried it for many days, using both the 7800 with the arcade type joystick and the 2600 light sizer with the standard Atari joystick. Guess where did I get more points!!! 

looks like you did it with the light 6er and the standard Atari joystick..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, vitoco said:

@vitoco, absolutely not!  Just send me a PM with where to send it and I'll take care of the rest.  Congratulations!  I have also added you to the patch list in the very first post.

I am not sure how many patches I will give out.  I have been giving some to family and friends.  But there are still plenty right now.  For anyone else who obtains a 1000+ point score, don't hesitate to send me your screenshot and where to send the patch.  You don't have to post it here.  You can just send me a PM.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1