Open Club  ·  87 members

AtariVox
IGNORED

visk (SaveKey Editor)

Karl G

In the midst of investigating possible issues with my saved stats in my WIP Wordle clone, I thought it would be useful to have an easy way to display and edit the SaveKey data as needed. I wanted to be able to view/edit all 64 bytes in a block at once without flicker. Anyway, here's what I have come up with in case it's useful to anyone else.

visk.thumb.png.4e78a437449a5a43544d435a911df017.png

visk_1.thumb.png.99e6c1c59f83e1a6bbe8896905b894f0.png

To use, enter the base address of the block you wish to edit, and choose "Reload Data" (it defaults to the beginning of the scratch space). Navigate the cursor with the joystick to the byte you wish to edit, and press fire. The cursor changes color, and you can change the value of the chosen byte one nybble at a time. Move the joystick up and down to change the value of the nybble, and move the joystick left or right to select the other nybble. Press fire again to exit edit mode and choose another byte, or save your changes as desired.

Base Address: The beginning of the 64 byte block you are viewing/editing.

Save Changes: Saves what is currently shown on the screen to the specified base address.

Reload Data: Loads 64 bytes starting at the base address into memory, and displays the contents on the screen.

visk.bin

• Like 11

I can already see this as extremely useful for testing Grizzards on hardware, thank you. I've been making one-off binaries to tweak save games to test various scenarios (because replaying a couple hours of the game to get to the same glitch again is onerous) but this sort of tool is exactly what the doctor ordered!

• Like 1