IGNORED

Why do some Silver Label games have a "p" on the end label?

T.A.P.

I bought a brand new copy of Realsports Tennis and noticed it had a "p" on the end label. I was curious about why it has that and tried to look it up, but all I could find was that apparently a few other games like Joust have a variant with that too, apparently.

I tried searching the forums on here too, but wasn't having much luck. Anyone know what the story is behind this? I'm just curious.

• Like 1

It usually indicates that it is a PAL version and not NTSC. But there are some exceptions.

One I know of for sure because I have it is the 1985 Atari Corp Joust release. It has a P on the end label but my copy is NTSC. Colors are good and the picture doesn’t roll.

In this pic the Joust is really NTSC but the Asterix is PAL.

4515565577910b1a2836f52436df88c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Coincidentally I also had a Joust for a while with a "P" on the end-label.  I forget if it was Atari Inc. or Atari Corp. but I was probably the right age that it could have been either.  Atari Corp. didn't always have the greatest quality control.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 10:56 PM, groundtrooper said:

It usually indicates that it is a PAL version and not NTSC. But there are some exceptions.

One I know of for sure because I have it is the 1985 Atari Corp Joust release. It has a P on the end label but my copy is NTSC. Colors are good and the picture doesn’t roll.

In this pic the Joust is really NTSC but the Asterix is PAL.

4515565577910b1a2836f52436df88c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice boxed games, ya bum. ?

• Haha 1