IGNORED

HSC19 (2022) R4: POOYAN + E.T. Bonus

I tested the XEX file in Altirra with various configurations, including PAL 130XE. Apparently the screen I took a picture of always appears, but after a few seconds it should go away. It remained in its place on my computer so possibly the random RAM fault that I believe my Atari has emerges with this one in that it doesn't move on. It happens perhaps in 1 of 50 games. I'll try again later, and perhaps see if my NTSC 800 works better.

• Like 1

Improved to 168,900 on Pooyan. Found my brown E.T. Cart will play it tomorrow! Looks like Pooyan no extra lives is the ticket, reached round 8 this time and completing R20 would be a good retirement point for anyone who gets that far ;-)

latest tables

Pooyan

if you played the normal version please play the "No Extra Lives version" (link on 1st post) and post a new score :thumbsup:

1st   Deteacher                    372,500  13pts
  2nd   Caco                        173,950  11pts
  3rd   therealbountybob        168,900  10pts

4th   McKong                     150,000  9pts (scoer estimated!)

4th   devwebcl                   126,700  8pts
  5th   8BIT 1337                  106,250  7pts
  6th   AtariSphinx                 89,350  6pts
  7th   MagicMarc-er              68,500  5pts
  8th   carlsson                     53,100  4pts
#NTSC bonus point

E.T.

What shall we do for E.T. play for score - you all seem to have found 4 pieces?

1st   AtariSphinx (100,789)            4    
  2nd   8BIT 1337 (87,561)               4    
  3rd   Deteacher (90,200)               4     

4th   RedThunder (51,298)              4    

5th   McKong  (?)                          4   

will start up R5 poll next...

Failed to improve on Pooyan so had my maiden go on E.T. After getting over the initial shock I decided to play on level 9, managed to wander about and collect nothing useful and after burning through all the lives scored absolutely nothing. I'm guessing you have to find the pieces in order. Holding in fire shows the screen shown at the start of your go listing the pieces... ok off to read the instructions :grin:

7 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

Failed to improve on Pooyan so had my maiden go on E.T. After getting over the initial shock I decided to play on level 9, managed to wander about and collect nothing useful and after burning through all the lives scored absolutely nothing. I'm guessing you have to find the pieces in order. Holding in fire shows the screen shown at the start of your go listing the pieces... ok off to read the instructions :grin:

You don't have to find them in order.  I believe there are the same shape items in different colors.  So if E.T. wants a blue circle and you bring him a red one, it won't count for anything.

• Like 1

Pooooooooyan: 86,450

20220315_222312.thumb.jpg.9159464f233cfcdb8bc3ff8adac4b179.jpg

E.T. Phone Home: 125,990 (4 pieces) - Level 1

20220315_223141.thumb.jpg.37fcf9c963add642ab93554a214686cb.jpg

Just a suggestion - might want advanced players to go to level 9 on E.T. and then play for score as there are more phone pieces to gather. The early levels are pretty easy if you know what you're doing.

Edited by graywest
  • Like 2

Pooyan: 91,750

20220315_215206_HDR.thumb.jpg.b637e9d098fd4dbd698ab8f0cb89477d.jpg

E.T.: 112,327 (4 pieces)

20220315_205319_HDR.thumb.jpg.80507cb49a2fed99ecc903f4931868b9.jpg

E.T. ist one of the worst games ever. Now I understand why they burried the cartridges. I played it two times, the first round I did not know what to do at all. Then I watched a youtube playthrough and the second time I run through the game without any problems...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, graywest said:

Just a suggestion - might want advanced players to go to level 9 on E.T. and then play for score as there are more phone pieces to gather. The early levels are pretty easy if you know what you're doing.

Great idea :thumbsup: read the instructions everyone !!- you hear the annoying sound when you are near a piece, it appears when you get closer to it, aviod the baddies, can lose them by turning two corners, can run with fire but drops piece, take pieces to green square near your house get to launch site other green bit somewhere... press fire to see what  pieces are required - same shape and colours...roughly that!

9 hours ago, MichaG said:

Please don't change too many rules in the last days of the two weeks, not all of us are 24/7-gamers ;-)

Sorry was not trying to change the rules, just trying to have consistency.  Apologies :)

I am more of a 24 min/7 gamer at best.  Great thing about Atari is you can do that and feel accomplished unlike these modern systems with 40 to 100 hour games which are fun but can't get anywhere in short bursts :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, AtariSphinx said:

Sorry was not trying to change the rules, just trying to have consistency.  Apologies :)

I am more of a 24 min/7 gamer at best.  Great thing about Atari is you can do that and feel accomplished unlike these modern systems with 40 to 100 hour games which are fun but can't get anywhere in short bursts :)

It's fine E.T. is just a bonus game as there's not much to it - so there won't be too many points.

Have played it on level 9, got all 10 pieces on my first go but failed to find the green square in the woods to finish the game!

E.T..jpg.16510b6beefff892e726e0df60b692bb.jpg

Votes please everyone - reminder this round closes Monday 10pm UK time unless anyone wants a couple of extra days?

• Like 2