IGNORED

Getting everything hooked up and running!

MaDDuck

I am tight on space and as such, I cannot have all of my collection setup all of the time.

Two weeks ago, I unhooked and boxed up my WIIU, and dug out the TI for the first time in about two years!

I don't have the same VGA monitor that I used to use on it anymore, so I had to pick up some new hardware to go from VGA to HDMI with sound. I hope that it all works when I hook it up fully by next week!

Will this introduce any latency, or not? Hopefully it is a smooth easy setup! :)

I will be using this device to do the conversion:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373594805649

And this to capture the audio line from a standard composite audio jack.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/111539908069

Everything should arrive by next week.

Edited by MaDDuck
  • Like 5

On 3/9/2022 at 10:12 AM, MaDDuck said:

I don't have the same VGA monitor that I used to use on it anymore, so I had to pick up some new hardware to go from VGA to HDMI with sound. I hope that it all works when I hook it up fully by next week!

Will this introduce any latency, or not? Hopefully it is a smooth easy setup! :)

Having similar space limitations, I bought a little composite-to-VGA adapter since my spare flat screen monitor is a few years old and only has a VGA input. They sell a similar gadget for composite-to-HDMI.

When I turn on the computer, the adapter takes a second or two to sense the signal and adjust the display format, but there doesn’t seem to be any latency after that.

So I can leave my huge old CRT monitor in the basement. If I really miss the blur and scan lines, Classic99 has thoughtfully replicated them.

The adapters showed up in the mail today!!

Everything is hooked up and works perfectly, I love my F18A.

The picture isn't stretched out, it is centered in the middle of the screen.

I could not be happier!

The only thing that would make it better is getting one of those multi-carts that arcade shopper sells...

• Like 2