IGNORED

INTV Corporation... I-N-T-V or INN-TV?

nurmix

I-N-T-V OR INN-TV  

43 members have voted

1. 1. When referring to INTV Corporation, do you pronounce it "INN-TV" or "I-N-T-V"?

• I-N-T-V
    • INN-TV
    • INT-VEE

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

When referring to INTV Corporation, do you pronounce it I-N-T-V (saying all the individual letters one at a time), or do you pronounce it INN-TV (as two words)?

I have always said I-N-T-V, but it has come up in the podcast recently, when @cmart604 was saying INN-TV instead of I-N-T-V.  He claimed I misheard him, and that he was actually saying INTY, but he was clearly referring to INTV Corporation in the clip I isolated and repeated in episode 43.

Now, I'm not saying either one is wrong or right.  I think both are fine.  I just want to know where the community stands on it?  Especially curious to hear from @JasonlikesINTV about how he would say his handle... JASON LIKES INN TV or JASON LIKES I N T V ?  Do tell!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bitd I always called it INN-TV Corp as in In-Telivision, since TV is the more common name for Television.

I've been trying to get into the habit of thinking of it as I-N-T-V Corp, since it seems to be how most people interviewed on Intellivisionareis pronounce it, but it will always be "In-tv" Corp to me.

• Like 4

Bitd I always called it INN-TV Corp as in In-Telivision, since TV is the more common name for Television.

I've been trying to get into the habit of thinking of it as I-N-T-V Corp, since it seems to be how most people interviewed on Intellivisionareis pronounce it, but it will always be "In-tv" Corp to me.

If you think about it, INN-TV actually makes sense, since it’s “Intellivision TV” (and it’s “in your TV”).. but it has always been I-N-T-V to me - and that seemed to be the way folks involved back in the day said it. Guess I need to interview Terry Valeski to confirm 100%

Sent from unspecified hardware using indeterminate software

12 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:
Lol, I say I-N-T-V, both in reference to INTV Corp and jasonlikesINTV.  Honestly, I never thought about it before today.

Summoning mr_intv.  Thoughts?

That’s what I thought your answer would be. Yes, curious to hear from @mr_intv as well.

2 hours ago, nurmix said:

That’s what I thought your answer would be. Yes, curious to hear from @mr_intv as well.

Too funny, I’m listening to this debate on the podcast right now. I go by “Mister I-N TV”. Maybe I should start going by “M-R-I-N-T-V…..?…….Naaaa, I’ll keep my original pronunciation. 

Edited by mr_intv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, mr_intv said:

Too funny, I’m listening to this debate on the podcast right now. I go by “Mister I-N TV”. Maybe I should start going by “M-R-I-N-T-V…..?…….Naaaa, I’ll keep my original pronunciation. 

Thanks for that, sir!  Looks like the poll is leaning heavily toward I-N-T-V as the preferred pronunciation.

30 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

Do you pronounce FAQ like "fack" like Paul said in the podcast? 

Or do people say "facks" 

I lean towards 'facks' because usually there is more than one fact and/or more than one question answered. 

I've only ever said 'fack', or "F-A-Q" (which seems to be the way a lot of folks say it).  But you're right, it makes sense for it to be plural.  I think @cmart604 says "FAKE"...

?

MARE-EE-OH / MAR-EE-OH...?

• Haha 1

If I read "INTV Corp" I promounce it as I.N.T.V. Corp.

But if I just see "INTV"  I pronounce it as "intellivision".

FAQ is already plural.  A FAQ is a list, it's short for "Frequently Asked Questions".

If you says "FAQs" then you should have multiple lists of frequently asked questions

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fdr4prez said:

Or do people say "facks" 

I lean towards 'facks' because usually there is more than one fact and/or more than one question answered. 

facks = Frequently Asked Questionses? ;)

For FAQ, I've probably said all three of F A Q or frequently asked questions, or fack... don't know which one I've said more than the others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fdr4prez said:

Or do people say "facks" 

I've never heard anyone say 'facks' unless they are talking about multiple FAQ documents (i.e., the plural of FAQ).

I don't remember noticing "INTV Corp" on any of our INTV Corps Intellivision games bitd.

The name first became memorable to me and became ingrained in my mind as "In-TV" after I first saw ads for non-Intellivision games.

Their logo begins with a capital "I" and is followed by a small capital "N", large lower case "t" and finishes with what looks like a large lower case "v".

Separate from the sizing appearing to emphasize "In-tv", the lettering also appears to be "INtv".

https://images.app.goo.gl/kQU9oydjcpoPYWm88

https://images.app.goo.gl/iVGkhp7NUxcS8VxN6

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black_Tiger said:

I don't remember noticing "INTV Corp" on any of our INTV Corps Intellivision games bitd.

The name first became memorable to me and became ingrained in my mind as "In-TV" after I first saw ads for non-Intellivision games.

Their logo begins with a capital "I" and is followed by a small capital "N", large lower case "t" and finishes with what looks like a large lower case "v".

Separate from the sizing appearing to emphasize "In-tv", the lettering also appears to be "INtv".

https://images.app.goo.gl/kQU9oydjcpoPYWm88

https://images.app.goo.gl/iVGkhp7NUxcS8VxN6

Interesting.  I hadn't thought about the way it was written / printed.

Of course that's the same way Mattel wrote it as well, with the lower case "t" and "i"s... so that may have just been a carry over from that with INtV Corp.

Mattel Intellivision Silver Ring - Game Clear Logos - LaunchBox Community Forums

Since I don't currently have Terry Valeski's contact info (although I'm working on that), I'll reach out to Dave Warhol and see what his memories of the name are.

• Like 1